icon

viper 790xv transmitter problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Hotfoot 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

I installed my viper 790xv - the alarm worked just fine but I had to play with the Bitwriter and I used the ZAP function. Now I can't get the transmitter to work at all. I tried to set the channels but that didn't work. I believe I heard the chirps but as I pushed the transmit button, there was a long chirp from the alarm and the remote indicated weak signal. Each time I use the Bitwriter and read - it says channel 0 in the beginning. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
Call DEI, 
Do it right the first time
Hotfoot 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  

raydawg357 wrote:
Call DEI, 

I would but I am not a dealer and they will not talk to me. Just a guy just trying to install an alarm. I have installed alarms in the past.

zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
i know they have had issues with the 790 transmitter not saying this is your problem but under warrenty you can get the new remote for the 791 which has the bugs worked out.why don't you try to relearn the transmitter, do you have the install manual? if you do read how to easy learn the transmitter, this will be done with the momentary push button and the remote, you turn the key on and press just one of the buttons, your instructions will tell you which one, if you don't have a manual i am sure i have one here, try this and see if it works.
zargon ruler of estranorth

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic