icon

RCAs from one amp to another...& other Qs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
SMystikal 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
I have two audiobahn amps. On both, they have RCA inputs and outputs. Is it any different using one amps output into the input of the other amp that using seperate preouts on my alpine deck?
This is a fiberglassing question. I have built a box already to go under my back seats in my dodge dakota. I'm not too happy with it though because I'm having trouble sealing all the sides because of all the dips and indentions etc. I'm about to build another box but fiberglassing the bottom of it. I plan to build side of the box the same way as I did the first, but this time fiberglass from the inside all the bottom of it to all the sides, then pop it out and finish the top. Now the question is how do I get it to pop out? I've never fiberglassed in the truck before so I don't know if it will stick to the metal on the bottom or if I need to use some kind of mold release or something to get it to come out.
Also, any suggestions or tips on how to better build this box, let me know.
Thanks alot.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
As to your first question, in general RCA outputs on amplifiers are simply pass-throughs, so you may use them to daisy-chain another amp.  As to your enclosure questions, I have no experience doing fiberglass so I'll leave that one to the glass pros.
Support the12volt.com
chrane 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
k, if its metal, its best to use wax, any rub on wax will do, put 4-5 coats, then resin it, then lay your mat, then resin, then lay another layer then resin.... another way is to wrap tinfoil all over everything, then just lay all your mat and resin and all that, then you can pop it all out and peel the tinfoil off the back, then take a portable grinder or a jigsaw with a fiberglass blade on it, trim it all flat then make the top.
Aaron
SMystikal 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys. When I fiberglassed before, I used grill cloth as my starting material. Well, I'm going to try and do the box tomorrow and I don't know anywhere to buy grill cloth locally so what can I use as starting material, or do I even need starting material if I do the wax on the metal first? Also, where can I buy wax? Only wax I know of is car wax, is there anything else?
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
You can actually just use saran wrap and lay it down then do your glassing. The fiber glass will stick to the saran wrap but the wrap will pull off the floor so it doesnt really matter anyways.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic