the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

4 the Canadians astrostart or compustar?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Justaguy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Velocity Motors wrote:

The Compustar doesn't require an extra module for the manual transmission mode. Just leave the jumper wire uncut.

I thought that is what I just said...?

BrandonClaps 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  

only problem i've found with the 2WSS models (the spread spectrum 1.25 mile range) is that if your close to the vehicle, sometimes i was unable to disarm/arm the car. This happened to ALL of the compustar alarms/starters that I have installed with that technology. I called compustar, we went over diagnostics, everything was perfect. They said it could be the atmosphere here in syracuse,NY..... WTF!?!?!?

I just changed the antenna and remote for the FM one, which I have not had one problem with..

Only difference between FM and the SS is the remote and the antenna, the brain is exactly the same. So they are interchangable

BrandonClaps 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  

hmmm can't edit my post

i wanted to say, that its VERY frustrating when you are at the mall, doing some x-mas shopping when you come out with all your bags, its 10 degress out and snowing, and you goto your car and it won't disarm, and you have to walk 10 cars away from the car to get it to unlock... grrrrrr

jkyliej 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

I had a similar problem with mine when I was in the garage trying to program it after the initial install.  As soon as I took it outside though it worked just fine.  I can be inside the truck or out of sight and it seems to send and recieve signals perfectly. 

Also as a consumer that has had both Astro Start and Compustar I will take the Compustar anytime.  The Astro Start was very good but still not equal.

jkj
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic