Viper 790XV Valet switch problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Hotfoot 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Folks

Thanks to Gus for the help with the transmitter problem.

Now I have a problem Valet switch, the valet switch works for programming the transmitter but when the alarm is set off, I turn the key on and pushed the Valet button - the alarm would not reset. Also any important note, I didn't hook up the start capability because the car is Manual (M6). My question is simple, does the "Pink" wire on the satellite ignition harness has to be hooked up for the Valet switch to work (reset only)?

I know it has to be hooked up for programming.

Thanks

Bill

jmr964 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

The vehicle must sense that the ignition key is turned on.  This means the small yellow wire on the remote start harness must get power when the vehicle is turned on.  If it doesn't it wont "see" that the vehicle is on.  Also this will trigger the alarm if someone manages to get in ur vehicle undetected and starts the vehicle.

Jason

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
Yes. The alarm must see 12V on the ignition wire for both the starter kill to work properly, the valet switch, and programming to work. Also, the valet switch may be set for 2 presses.... somewhere in the programming there's an option for 1 or multiple valet presses.
Gus
PS: I believe door must be closed as well.
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
BTW.... I have, in my hand.... the long awaited 688M module. What is this you may be asking??? Finally, DEI has come up with a standard transmission solution that can be used with any of their remote start pieces!
Cheap, too!
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
Hotfoot 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Guys

Thanks - I did not know about the door having to be closed, that is good to know. I will connect the pink wire to the yellow ignition wire. Also the car is not my daily ride, so I don't want to connect the starter function. thanks for information and offer on the 688 module.

Talk to you later

Bill

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic