icon

04 Buick Ranier Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Slammed_Am 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
Did one of these and had a few questions about the passlock 2 system it has. I used a Code Alarm PLXR passlock bypass on it and it only needs 2 wires to be hooked up to the vehicles passlock wires. Ground -> ORANGE / Black wire and Resistance -> Yellow wire. Dropped the steering column down found the ORANGE / black wire and found what I thought was the propper Yellow(resistance) wire so I hooked everything up, programmed the PLXR, set everything else up, and went to remote start the vehicle and nothing. It wouldn't crank. After about an hour or of trouble shooting tried another yellow wire in the column, reprogrammed the PLXR to it, and all was good. No Security lights flashing, Remote start operated as it should.
Here's where my question comes in....In my trouble shooting and with the advice of Code Alarms Tech line, they told me to cut the yellow wire I had, find the resistance of it, and put a resistor on it(jumped to the ground wire) in order to eliminate the use of thier Passlock bypass unit. While like that the vehicle still started with the key, but nothing with the remote start, once again no security lights flashing on the dash. What has me is, since this wasn't the yellow wire I needed to tag the passlock bypass on to, why did it still operate as it should with the resistor on it? Ya know what I mean? Basically what was that other yellow wire for..it came fro mthe same location as the ORANGE / black wire and other(correct) yellow passlock wire.
Like I said everything worked out good, this is just something I'd like to find out alittle more about. Could it be a secondary passlock resistance wire??
Why can't GM have the passlock wires harnessed neatly together like In the Grand ams cavaliers and what not anymore. lol Much easier, much less chance for stupid things like this to happen.
Justaguy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
Just use a new alldata type interface and you won't have to worry about passlock wires anymore, all done through data.
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
There is an easier way to find the r code wire on that car. Look at the distribution block that is right in front of you when you take the front panel and the metal panel off. Do you see where the main power and ign and acc wires are. The correct yellow wire is right ther in that group of wires. If I am correct there are 3 yellows farther up un the ignition harness. One of them is a wire that locks the key in the cylander. If you have a key in the ignition ang you cut that yellow the wil not come out any more. The other yellow I am not sure of. Again the correct r code wire is at that dist. Block along with all the high current wires. This is also true on the trail blazer, as these two vehicles are sister.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic