icon

clifford alarm won't listen

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sqwert 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2002 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

thanks for the relay diagram earlier for the parking lights, i got a relay but didn't yet hook it up.

my problem now that i've minimally installed the alarm (only the sensor, siren, valet, LED are hooked up to brain) , my problem is the alarm autoarms itself and i can't get it to stop.  the manual says to flick valet switch 4 times and hear 4 chirps,  but i don't hear anything and it won't disable the autoarm feature.clifford alarm won't listen -- posted image.

i've hooked everything like manual says, the valet switch's black wire to ground and the green directly to white brain wire. 

alarm: clifford xl500     vehicle: 84 chevy van full size

any suggestions ?

thanx in advance

JJ Sqwert
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2002 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
your problem is that you have to hook up door triggers and the ignition wire to tell the alarm that the car is on.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
sqwert 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2002 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

yes i have everything done like manual says including the wires you mentioned. but still the valet switch doesn't have any effect when i flick it and no chirps ??

i haven't installed the trunk/hood trigger (grey / YELLOW), parking light relay, nor attempted the starter interrupt relay.  but those shouldn't affect the function of the unit ?? 

i've connected all the  black wires (except siren's black to yellow wire)  together to the negative of the battery,  but only the valet switch i've connected it's black wire to a ground near fusebox area.

is that a problem?     clifford alarm won't listen -- posted image.

JJ Sqwert
crxtasi 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2002 at 3:27 AM / IP Logged  

the reason why your probably not getting any chirps is because your siren isn't getting a ground...connect that and you souldn't have a problem with the chirps. As for Hood&Trunk, Parking Light and Starter relay they souldn't affect your programing at all...just make sure that all your main components are hooked up i.e Power/Ignition/Ground and also check your fuses if ever you crossed any live wire together.

Hope This Helps....clifford alarm won't listen -- posted image.

Look Twice, Drill Once!!
sqwert 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2002 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

the alarm wires are connected and it does go off when either shock sensor or doors activate it, and i do hear chirps when i push remote buttons. 

problem: the valet switch doesn't seem to do anything. ???   which would disable my AutoArm feature that activates when i'm driving or engine off.

i've changed valet switch  ground wire to a new connection,  then tried conecting it to the main black neg wire from alarm to car battery.  still doesn't do anything when i play with switch .clifford alarm won't listen -- posted image.

thanks for the advice, this site really helps people.

kudos 

JJ Sqwert
sqwert 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2002 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

is there another way of disabling AutoArm feature on this Clifford XL500 ?  maybe some cool trick with the remote.

can i do some neat wire thing with the valet switch wires to override it and disactivate the autoarm feature ??

could the switch be faulty? need replacing.

my alarm keeps autoarming itself whether i'm driving it or not.  the ignition wire i chose was an extra wire not used by any component, from the fusebox that has 12volts when key is turned on and has 0 volts when key off.   is that the problem why my alarm can't recognize that i'm driving (wrong wire).

help

JJ Sqwert
garcia1980 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2002 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  

Maybe.... just Maybe......

put key in.......

Turn the ignition to the "on" position, then try flickering with the switch.

sqwert 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2002 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  

i tried that, tried also turning it to accessory...nothing. 

if i can't solve this with everyones help i'll end up relocating this *$@#% valet switch to the red power wire as a shut off pretty soon !!!  that'll teach it...

any more suggestions ???   anyone ?

JJ Sqwert
sqwert 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2002 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

for now,  i pull-out the alarm fuse before i drive, and then i put it back in when i'm parked. 

someone's gotta have the answer.   

?

JJ Sqwert
Ronaldo 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2002 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  

It's very difficult to deal with that type of valet switch (toggle switch). You have to have a lot of patience when programming these type of alarms.

1. Make sure the switch is turn to the off position before you start flickering back and fort.

2. If when you turn the ignition on and start turning the switch on and off, you do not get a siren shirp, then start all over again but this time with the switch to the opposite side.

3. By starting all over again means that you have to turn the ignition off, then flick the valet switch to the opposite position.

4. If it doesn't work the first time, you just have to try again because they are very tricky.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic