icon

Need some help with new car alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the_rhino 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  

Posted this over at clubsi and someone recommended I check you guys out.

I had Subaru install a remote start system on my wifes 04 Subaru Outback Sport. We specifically told them to not install a car alarm. They contract this kind of work out to a local stereo\electronics shop. We picked up the car, remote started it, drove away. We stopped for coffee, remote started it, drove away. We visited my mother who is in a rehab for hip replacement surgery.

I went back out to the car, unlocked it using the new remote they gave us, opened the door and this f**king loud ass alarm starts going off. No matter what I hit on the remote, its not turning the alarm off. Finally after just hitting buttons, it turns off.
The wife and I leave the hospital, remote start the car, open the doors and the f**king thing starts going off again. After a few minutes of pressing buttons on the remote, it turns off. I try to start the car, alarm starts going off again.
Now, we are in the hospital parking lot and the place is filled with elder undergoing physical therapy for all sorts of issues and my car is parked right outside the wing where there rooms are so the last thing I want is for this alarm to keep going off.
Needless to say whatever I did, it would set the alarm off. There is a security light on the dash that is flashing rapidly that Ive never seen before. Also at one point, the car must of started with the remote because it was running and all the lights like check engine, oil, battery... were on as if the key was in the on position but the key was out of the ignition.
I was f**king pissed. I called Subbie just as they were closing and they couldnt really help with the alarm but told me call roadside assistance, get to the dealership and the guy left a key to a loaner for me in the tailpipe. Now, I called the roadside assistane and they said they couldnt take it my dealership because that would entail crossing the Tappan Zee Bridge and only certain towing companies could do that and for it being later in the evening on Sat, they werent around. They said they could take it to a dealership nearby my current location. BUT since all dealerships are closed they cant leave it at a closed dealership so it would have to be stored somewhere until Mon when the dealerships open. I would have to pay 25.00 a night up front to cover the storage fee. I said f**k that.
So the car is still in the hospital parking lot. Im going there today and would like to get the car out of there.
How the f**k do I get the f**king car started without the alarm going off? Again, there is rapidly flashing security light on the dash. The remote is black with a blue lock button, blue unlock button, blue AUX button and a red button with an asterisk. It also says Automate on it.
The dealership is going to get an earfull on Monday.
Thanks for any help.

daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
did the dealership discuss with you where they put the VALLET button, if they did not tell you, then you just might be out of luck, because without that button, you cannot silence the alarm.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
if u know where the valet switch is or what it looks like this will assist u on shutting down alarm most places install it on drivers kick panel this is where u rest your left foot while driving to the left of your leg if ifs a toggle switch then get in your car alarm will sound put key in ignition to on position and toggle switch till alarm shuts off ,then start car ,if it's a push button get in car alrm sounds put key in ignition to on position press push button once .releases,press and hold for about 5 seconds then release, start car...................Good luck i hope this works orf u .sorry there really isn't a way to prevent alarm from sounding if your alarm/transmitter is not working correctly..........Jersey Autotronics.
AudioPro111
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thats a really funny story, I would like to hear the end of it.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic