icon

Ford harness

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blk04xlt 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone......I'm new here and have a ?  I just bought a Ford delphi factory DVD player to install in my 04 Expedition.  I wanted to know if the harness that connects to the DVD unit is available from Ford or any other source?  I think it's a 20 pin configueration.  Thanks!
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
yeah you can get a ford radio harness that you will have to match wires by color code to your dvd player you can get it at best buy or circuit city for about 25 bucks or go to your local walmart and get it for about 8 bucks if they have it in stock which they most likely will because ford is very common.
AudioPro111
blk04xlt 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Audio Pro.....I'll check it out!
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
no problem anytime.
AudioPro111
Victorbmw 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2004 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

Did you get the harness?

The one ford wants to sell you is a 16 pin and the overhead system needs a 20 pin. I got the pin outs let me know

victorfeliciano @Hotmail.com

Ford harness - Last Post -- posted image. victorbmw
accord15 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  

Victor, I could use the diagram. Email me at:

jpfeiffe@dtcc.edu

Thanks!

blk04xlt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Everyone, sorry I've been away for a while.  Anyways, I did get a Ford harness with the 20 pin plug, however it looks like it only controls power to the dvd unit.  Then I have a couple other plugs that look I assume are for audio.  Now a buddy of mine who is helping me with the install seems to think I need the Ford audiophile AM/FM/CD changer since my regular stereo has only two outlets on the back of it, both of which are in use.  Is this correct?  Keep in mind my set up is from the factory in dash 6 disc CD changer with no amp, and I have a front bench seat, so that means I have no rear stereo controls which would have come in the console if my Expedition had bucket seats.  I was hoping to keep this simple by plugging and playing with just harnesses.  I don't really want to spend time and money searching for the correct stereo.  Did Ford hide any other harnesses in the headliners or elsewhere?  Or do I have to find the upgraded Stereo CD?

Thanks!

Victorbmw 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

I got your radio, currently running the rear entertainment system and has the SAT Radio capability, it also has the rear sub woofer plug. If interested E-mail me. I also have the pin outs for that unit. Price is $250.00 you pay shipping. Im moving into Factory Navigation now!

victorfeliciano@Hotmail.com

Ford harness - Last Post -- posted image. victorbmw

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic