icon

starter interrupt and ignition lead

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spicyburritto 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have an Alpine SEC-100S.  It has a starter interrupt relay included, which is attached to the ignition lead and the starter interrupt output.  I do not want to use the starter interrupt feature of this alarm.  Can i just cut the relay off and connect the (+) ignition source directly to the ignition lead?  And if so, is there any reason why i should use the ignition lead instead of an Acc lead?  It would be a lot easier to just tap into the Acc wire hooked up to my radio head unit.  Any help here would be appreciated. 
Think about it first.
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
hook it up to ignition at your steering column and if u don't want to use your starter kill that's ok but i don't see why u wouldn't thats the point  to having an alarm don't tap behind because it may interrupt the way your radio functions. 
AudioPro111
spicyburritto 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 5:27 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks audiopro.  Is anybody else familiar with this alarm system?  I just want to make sure that the relay doesnt alter the ignition source before it goes to the alarm brain unit. (i.e. step down the voltage) 
Think about it first.
ricklaizer 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
Its fine to eliminate the relay if you want to just tap into the ignition. but without the starter interrupt, you just have an alarm that makes noise. if i were you, i would just put it anyway. it couldnt hurt anything.
spicyburritto 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged  
I guess i was a little reluctant to put the starter interrupt on because a) it would make the installation a lot trickier and b)if anyone were to break into my car, they'd probably just steal my stereo equipment and not worry about trying to hotwire an 84 mercedes 300 SD  with 300,000 miles on it.  But if i did take your advice, how do i connect this starter interrupt?  My installation manual is not very detailed on this part, and i feel it's the thing that i could mess up the worst.  Does anybody  know what to do on an old mercedes diesel?
Think about it first.
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

85 - ground when armed from alarm

86 - 12v ign

30 - starter (grond side)

87a  - starter (key side)

87 - not used!

2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic