the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

03 Camry and Omega RS-4LX

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
I just installed an Omega RS-4LX in an 03 Camry. The install was straight forward thanks to you guys help. However, my friend is complaining about some problems. The remote keyless entry unit is useless after the car is started with key and/or remote starter. The other problems are: distance limitation, I was told the only way the car start is when she is next to the car. I then told here to press the lock button more than twice and now she told me that in the morning the remote start tries to start but the car does not actually turn over until after she keystart it and drive it for 10 to 15 minutes. I did not wire the tach wire, but when I tested the unit using tachless it was starting everytime and the start was very smooth.The first thing that comes to my mind is the second starter wire. I connected the second starter wire by just splicing the starter output wire into two. Should I use a relay? I talked to an Omega tech and he told me that the toyotas some times will not start until the second try, however she told me that it tried five times and it still will not work until she key started it. Any help would be much appreciated.
MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
first the second start wire is actually your cold start wire which sould be connected through a relay 85 and 30 go to 12 volt constant 87 goes to thin blk/ylw (cold start) and 86 goes to a negative output from the alarm that is pulsed during remote start mode....as far as factory keyless this is true and there is no way around it unless u hook up the alarm to doorlock wires which are  in the drivers kick panel blue negative unlock must program to double pulse and blue/ylw negative lock and use the alarms remote to control the door locks instead of factory keyless and if u want u could also get trunk release a the driver kick also blue/wht but  u have to cut wire and do a 5 wire set-up 87 and 86 to 12 volts constant 87a to module side ,30 to trunk side and 85 goes to negative trunk release wire from alarm. if your having poor range try to extend antenna to highest point in car try running antenna through A pillar or tell customer to put transmitter under her chin and try to remote start then as her body will act as an antenna . I know it sound funny but it works.
AudioPro111
meh66 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

audiopro111,

Thanks for your advise. This remote start unit works with the factory keyless entry system. I have it set to activate on a double pulse from the motor lock wire(this wire is blue/red in the driver kick panel). This vehicle is not equipped with an alarm and immobilizer. I will ask her to try the under chin method.

MEH66
meh66 
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  

Here is the update. I had her to wait for an hour and try to remote start the car last night since it was a little cold. From inside her house(20 ft), it attempted to start three times, but failed. She then went right next to the car and it remoted started. I have added a relay to the cold start as of yet, but I wanted to get an opinion on this problem. Does this seem like a cold start issue? I am a little confused as it should not have started even wqhen she was close.

MEH66
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
Correct the Cold Start wire issue first.  Make sure of all your connections.  Make sure there is NO Factory Security.
I would probably opt for TACH Sense.......Although MANY RS work fine on Voltage (Smart Start), it is just a personal preference
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
this just sound like a tach wire is needed.  meh66 you said that the car will RS normally after 10-15 minutes of running and not when its cold.  a engine needs to be cranked slightly longer when it is cold.  I would suggest that you go ahead and hook up the tach wire, and also from your post I got that she is still using the factory remote to start the vechicle (like lock 3X and the it starts).  The problem with this is that as soon as the car is started, the factory remote does not work anymore, you may want to check that.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic