icon

thought on Clarion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Tcole 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
I have a DPX1000.1 pro audio amp and 2 12" Clarion dvc subs. The amp never sweats and does a good job(louder than I need it). The subs are average for the price and sound quality. I am looking at replacing the subs soon, you know how it is. Overall, I am satisfied with the products.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
Advertising comes in many forms. Banners are generally given to dealers at no charge. WCC is a highly respectable shop at the same time. Just because we may agree or disagree with how they may choose to do things and the brands chosen should have no reflection on the work that these fine people do. I firmly believe that for the amount of brand recognition given during the airing of an episode, there must be some degree of promo items given to WCC for showcasing the product. I know that should my shop be chosen for an episode like this, I to would have brand new banners hung up, freshly painted floors and nice tidy boxes of whatever the brand is that would be installed. No hacks from me, just not my way of doing business here in the Great White North, we have a much more captive audience. Now get out of my igloo. thought on Clarion - Page 2 -- posted image.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
I bet your igloo SOUNDS pretty good, Rob!  thought on Clarion - Page 2 -- posted image.
Support the12volt.com
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
lol......Rob in ON today!
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
You don't wana hear what i have to say about clarion......      I only have 1 decal on my truck, , and its Calvin pissing on "clarion"......  enough said.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
that's flippin hilarious alpine guy. thanx
bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
i poked and made fun earlier in this post...but i only because i couldn't resist...and i apolgized before hand...clarion is like any other good brand out there...yes i said good...every brand who wants to survive or even more important...grow...thus making money (hence the reason for being in business in the first place)...has to make some affordable things also...they have to make everyone feel that their product is available to them...even the people who arent made of money...take alpine for example...i once owned a cda 9805 headunit which retailed for $200...in my opinion it was the biggest waste of money i had ever spent...and it never broke on me...it is actually still working...i simply feel that i paid for the alpine name only to end up with circuit citys verge or esa quality...on the other hand i also once owned a dva 7996 head unit/dvd player which retailed at $1500 and i was absolutely pleased with it...it is my belief that great brands are brands that have their quality product and also their crappy...or more affordable if you will...lines also...this is their way of letting me know that they are doing their best to make money so that they will maintain a profit and continue to be in business in the future so that they can support me if i have any problems with my quality product...(sorry...longwinded tonight...too much mountain dew)...bottom of the line is you get what you pay for...with clairons high end stuff you do pay a little too much...but most of the time people are usually very happy with their purchase...like anything else you will also have that one guy whos cousins friends mothers sister owned a dog who was breeded by another man whos sisters aunt once had a problem with their amp...take it as what you will...most people carry nothing but respect for clarion
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
For what its worth we just picked up Clarion and I cant wait for us to drop it. I am not impressed with the looks nor are anyone else I have talked to so I cant sell it on that point, lets look at the sound, mabye I can sell them on sound..... oh oh cant do that because the preouts are 1.8V and have a higher distortion rating then everything else I carry and the same holds true for the internal amp. I cant go off of reliability because I have had 3 come back already because they stopped reading discs and we only had them for a couple months. Mabye features ya I have a 350 dollar deck that can record songs from disc to a built in harddrive and it holds a whoppin 282 minutes of songs, but still has a sh*tty look and sh*tty sound and probally is gonna break. Ya, Im not a clarion supporter in the least. BTW I am an installer not a salesman but most installers still have to sell from time to time, just not this stuff.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
04mdx4sq 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
You will find at least one person who hates something, and another who loves it. We sell Clarion at our shop and it does well for us. I don't know what what you are doing at your shop to kill the Clarions, but we have yet to have a DOA deck this year. BTW, all Clarion units don't have 1.8v line outs, the DXZ745MP and DXZ945MP have 4v pre-outs as well as 24 bit DAC, and the 745 at $399 has a better sound than Alpine's CDA9835. I will agree the cosmetics are for the most part on the weak side,and yes the internal amps aren't great, but for us it has been a good seller with excellent reliability.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Ya, I dunno why the damn things went, I am still waiting to get the repair workorders back. And I am not suggesting they all have 1.8v preouts, but the fact that they start at 1.8 as oppossed to 2.2 or higher is stupid to me. You might say "well .4 percent big deal" but that .4 translates into 20 percent. Also I know that decks wont actually put out that kinda usable voltage but I am just using it as comparison. I totally agree with the fact that you will always find someone who hates something and vice versa, its just a fact. I have made it clear before that I wont touch and Alpine Product or a JL product nor will I recomend it to anyone, but thats just me
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic