icon

spl

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jc4wheelin 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
I scored 150 in spl in my 96 ranger. I have two ten inch pioneer premier subs and a 760 watt pioneer amp. My box is ported with the subs fireing up. Is it possible to get a higher score with what I have or am I going to have to upgrade?
jc4wheelin & car audio
layinframe_95 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
need more info... What gauge wire are you running, what kind of battery, box dimensions, etc... 
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

What division are you competing in....Db Drag or MECA.....Need to know for rules application as to what can be done differently....

One easy thing to do is check all your connections and make sure they are as good as you can possibly make them...Upgrade your ground from battery to frame....Check the seals around the doors in your truck make sure they arent dry rotted if so replace them.....If the rules in your class allow it use get some spray foam and fill up any open cavities in the cab to decrease cabin space (if its your daily driver be careful where you put it...and dont get it on your carpet)

These are just a few things I can think of...Like I said though need to know which sanctioning body you are competing under to apply the rules...

spl - Last Post -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
jc4wheelin 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
I am competing Db drag. I took 1st in my class at the last sound off butt I want to do 160 in my class. I have dynamated my truck to death and spayed my box  with rhino lineing. All my wireing is street wires and all grounds are good. I also have a 1.5 farad stinger cap. Subs are series-parallel wired. I am really thinking about gutting my interior and rhino lineing the whole interior or would that be a waste? Also has anybody scored a 160 with just two tens. If so let me know with what gear if possible thanks. 
jc4wheelin & car audio
thsonnen 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Pretty impressive numbers for Pioneer 10's and amp. In order to get 160 out of your existing system, you need power, power, power!!! Run 1AWG power and ground, and do away with the cap, and replace it with another battery instead. Also, tune your box to your cabin, and at a higher frequency. We've had great success when we tune our boxes around 60HZ to 73HZ. Rhino lining your cabin isn't a bad idea, but in order to conserve money, I would take that money and invest it in amps. Remember, it's all about power.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
Using those drivers you arent going to get 160, I hate to be negative but if you test using the same paremeters as when you hit 150, it doesnt matter how much upgrading you do to your wires or dynamating you do. To jump 10 db at that level is very hard without adding a whole lot more power and/or more cone area. I have seen 160 hit with 2 10s but it was in a vehicle where the interior was designed for SPL comps.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
jc4wheelin 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply Ravendarat.spl - Last Post -- posted image.  I have been installing for about 8 years building custom enclosures and lots of fiberglass mods. I know how to make a system sound great and and hit hard, but I lack any knowledge of how to get a vehicle prepared for SQ and spl competition. I just started competing so I need to know all rules and regulations. I really want to score a 160 the next comp. so what equipment do you think would do the job? I have always bought pioneer premier because I like the quality they give for not too much money. If there is something you think would be better let me know thanks.

jc4wheelin & car audio
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
Actually I use pioneer for my spl truck as well. Which model number of subs are they and is your truck regualr cab or extended cab
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic