icon

’03 Mitsubishi Eclipse with Inf. System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
coolz911 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2002 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
hey i just got an '03 Eclipse w/ the Infinity Sound System and I want to change out the speakers in the doors and in the rear panels, does anyone know how I can get to the speakers, I can't seem to figure out how to get the door panels or rear panels off. If you could help me out that would be awesome! Thanks.
-Chris
elite 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2002 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

pop off the 2 silverish caps on the actual bandle....under there are 2 10mm bolts.  Then remove the screw in the door handle which youll see, one more on the side of the door when its open, and also there is a screw by the mirror....which you will find with the door open as well.  I think thats it.....5 total......see what you come up with....but that should do it....if there are more youll know anyhow....dont forget to umplug the windows/locks....

The rear...youll have to pop off the shock tower caps in the back and there are screw there....lots of clips and a few more screws when you fold the seats down...just one by one remove....youll see..i think there are 5 total there...

All from memory of course......but h0pefully that helps a bit

good luck...

Loyal 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2002 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  

There is a screw in the door handle you have to remove.  Then slide the plastic forward.  Remove the screws and pull at the bottom.  It will pop free.  One thing I would suggest.  If you remove all of the rear panels, pull up on the middle back panel, if you pull out, you will break the panels hooks.  Pull straight up, do not pull toward the front of the car.  You may want to remove these if you are placing sound deadening materials throughout the car. 

There are five total screws on the rear side panels.  One as mentioned at the top of the shock tower.  One at the base of the shock tower, two on the sides you will see when the seat is pulled forward, and one deep, just under the speaker grill area you can only find when you remove the back seat base.  Remove these and pull.  You kinda have to fight the seatbelt a bit but you can easily get access.

If you want to remove the plastic panels at the floor board area at the bottom of the doors, there is a single screw at the front.  You will want to remove the screw before you go pulling.

Removing the receiver is easy.  Two screws at the base of the middle plastic covering and pull.  You then have to remove the screws to the receiver itself but that's it.

Have fun.

Loyal, '03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic