icon

Installers, whats your fav vehicle?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
Call me old fashioned.... I just take the back end of the car apart. I've tried the pull 'em out from under trick, but... ahh, my aggrivation factor is less when I pull the back end of the car apart... plus, it really freaks out the sales guys, which is another bonus!
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
s7726 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  

Older volvo's are nice, except getting into the doors through the boot, that sucks, you have to remove the fuse panel in the drivers kick to get at the hole.

97 cavaleir door panels are relatively easy to get off, that's always nice.

Getting ready to dig into a 97 volvo 850 sedan, to install the volvo CD changed to the stock head unit, anything i should know about taking apart the interior? I have to run the controler cable, but is there already power i can hook into in the trunk?

Gavin
SWEDISH RICE!
dfiddy 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
I just finished a 02 Jetta. Wasnt all that hard. When you have the right guys showing you little tricks along the way and finding out some of your own, it makes working on the car interesting.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
nope, 2 minutes to remove rear deck cover, 30 seconds to remove rear speakers, 10 minutes to swap with new speakers (using factory brackets) 5 minutes to wire connectors to factory wiring, 2 minutes to reinstall rear deck cover. 30 seconds to extract body from back of small car.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
lathan 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
personally the 95-99 eclipses. maybe just cuz for some reason I've done around 35 of em in the last couple years... lol.
Lathan Hites
"I'm sorry, without a credit card I'll be requiring a stool sample"
tbirdman74 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  
Never had a least favorite until yesterday.  01 Firebird Ram-Air convertible with WS7 option package.  Remote start/Alarm and windows up and down.  Oh yeah, it was a 6 speed.  I was 10-15 seconds away from commiting Hari Kari for almost 9 hours.  But the look on this guys face when he saw his pride and joy's interior stripped like a chop shop was priceless.
If it don't fit, Force it.
If it breaks, You needed a new one anyway!
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
I don't have a Favorite...I HATE them all.........That's why I've been doing this for 30+ years
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
lathan 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
oh as far as a least favorite... cadillacs. late 90's. satan himself designed em. bastard. lol.
Lathan Hites
"I'm sorry, without a credit card I'll be requiring a stool sample"
dfiddy 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
too funny, and oh so true.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
I found another favorite today, I dont know if its cause I wa on or what but I had a 2000 Blazer in for alarm/starter/locks/factory disarm/passlock bypass/ Battery Back up Siren and had the whole thing done in a hour and twenty minutes. Total Labour bill 380.00 dollars, to bad I dont work on commision
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic