icon

positive brake switch iput

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chevytek 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 93 chevy k series pickup i just installed an ultra 1250a-tl remote start,it works fine but will not shut the system down when the brake is pressed.
i have the r/s pink wire connected to the white wire at the brake switch and am getting 12 volts to module when brake is pressed,any ideas ?
also will not shut system down when when start button is held down, so basically the system starts fine but i cannot shut the vehicle off.
any ideas would be appreciated
dpc
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
are you sure you have the right wire coming from the R/S unit????
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
chevytek 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
theres only one pink wire from r/s module and thats the one it says to connect to + brake input which it is ???
dpc
7t3vette 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 94 GMC and my wire turned out to be yellow.  There wasn't a white one there.  Also, some of those wires at that switch are cruise control shut off wires.
chevytek 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply,this white wire at the brake switch reads 12 volts on the meter when pressed,doesnt this system use a 12 volt reference and not a ground to the unit ??
im getting 12 volts to module when pressed
dpc
chevytek 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
also i need to mention vehicle will not shut off even with key after remote start
dpc
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
make sure the connection is good at the brake switch.....are you saying that after the timer runs out, the truck wont turn off with the ign. key????
if your brake switch wire is not getting a reading, then it wont shut the remote start unit down after you turn the key on.....
take your meter and measure the pink wire when you push the brake in....see if you read 12v....if you do, thenm the connection is good.....might be inside the unit....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged  
I had the same problem you are describing, but on a 1999 Suburban. It baffled the hell outta me. What I ended up doing was hooking up the brake switch wire to trigger a relay and the relay sent +12 volts to the brake input wire. I don't know why, but it worked. The only drawback was that the customer heard the relay clicking in the dash every time the brake is applied. Which didn't relay bother him too much)
gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
i have a 88 silverado and just installed a remote starter last week. i found two wires, a white one and a purple one that show 12volts when the brake light is applied and both turn off the remote starter. my rs will not turn off with the brake switch if the key is on the on position. this is to allow you to drive without the engine shutting off. maybe you have the hood pin wire and the brake light wire switched around,the hood wire will trigger with a ground and the brake only with a 12volt input.
gcorrea

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic