icon

Shock sensor troubles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wildsk810 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2002 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
I have one of those pager alarms of Ebay. Works great LONG LONG range, everything works FINE. EXCEPT I can't get the shock sensor to work. I've tried two sensors (the one that came with it and my friends old one) the one that was my friends he had problems with on another alarm so he let me have it. I was told by an alarm shop that sometimes you have to mess with the wires because they are wierd. It is a five pin shock sensor with a 4 wire plug in. The wire colors are red blue black and white. Is there anything I can check with my multimeter like continuity across the alarm pins or something. I get voltage from 2 of the pins, one is ground, I don't know what the last does. Anyways I can't really get any tech support but I was told since the shock sensors are the same for a lot of alarms shouldn't they be the same inside in this respect.
sabioundus 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2002 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  

Connect your multimeter negative lead to chassis ground. Now with the positive lead test the four terminals in the alarm's connector, one by one and you will identify the following:

one terminal will show ground(-). It is the ground for the shock sensor power.

other will show 12 volts (+). Will be very similar to the 12 volts fused, It is the positive power going to the sensor.

You will find two more terminals with aproximatelly 0.5 volts less the 12 volts, about 11.5v or so. These are the triggers. One is for the warn away (the alarm will chirp three times) and the other is the complete trigger to the alarm. The sensor will pull these terminals to ground depending on how intense the shcok was. In order to identify each one of these features you will ground the two triggers separatelly, just connnet each to ground. Do not connect the 12 volt terminal to gound you will have a real short and may damage the alarm.

The warn-away is the white cable and the blue is the complete trigger. Red will be positive 12 volts and black is ground.

hope this helps

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic