icon

clifford problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CelicaGTi 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
I have installed a clifford avant gaurd4. This is the first alarm I have ever installed and went well. However I do have one slight problem. When the light sensor registers low light, rather that turning on the headlights, it turns the indicators on. It is connected to the right wire as the same wire is used for the remote headlights which work fine.  Any ideas??
Dave Walker 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

Interesting one that.

I think you have purchased an american AG4. In the states US cars use the same buld for indicators and side lights.

The UK version is slightly different in the wiring. You will need to diode off the indicators/side lights. If i am right you may also notice that the side lights flash when you arm/disarm.

Let me know

Dave

CelicaGTi 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
Only the indicators flash upon alarming disarming. Would there be any way to tell if it is an american or uk alarm?
Dave Walker 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  

I think the american version mentions cltuch bypass wiring, which we do not have in the UK.

A bit of a tricky one though. if your wiring is correct then it should work. I have seen some AG4 where the indicators come on when you remote start, but not with the headlights.

Is it a UK car? orry to ask such a stoopid question, but any info will help. Anything you can think of, reply, and i will put my thining cap on

Dave.

CelicaGTi 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
it is a UK '91 Celica GT. The indicators do come on when I remote start, but didn't think that was an issue as it actually works. However when the loiw light sensor works only the indicators come on, the main lights do not at all.
CelicaGTi 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
surely someone can help!!
Dave Walker 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  

I will have a scratch of the head. SOunds really obvoucs but check your wires, outputs from night visiopn relays etc, check with a meter with ign on/off.

See what happens if you remote start with the fuses out of the night vision, it should still bring indicators on.

I dont know the car well so i cant help with wire colours.

Good luck !!!

Dave.

Dave Walker 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  

I reckon the alarm is either american or has been changed using the clifford wizzard to american spek.

As i mentioned before, US cars have indicators and side lights on the same wire, hence the indicators coming on. If you have a copy of Wizard you can change the version of the software.

Other than than not a lot you can do i'm afraid.

Let me know how you get on .

Dave

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic