icon

98 maxima double pulse door lock help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiopete 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

what is the best way to change a alarm door unlock-lock single pulse  2 a double pulse to unlock and lock the doors thanks

genehewett 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
    If your system is capable it will have to be done in the programing.
audiopete 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
my alarm has double pulse and i hooked it up  but it wont unlock my doors do i need a relay   i got the doors to lock but not unlock 
genehewett 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

To unlock the doors you need to supply a negative double pulse to the GREEN/ YELLOW wire at the drivers door switch. You may also find the wire in the drivers kick panel but not sure.

Power Lock lt. GREEN/ red   -  in drivers door at switch
Power Unlock GREEN/ YELLOW   -  in drivers door at switch

audiopete 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
tried but not unlocking. double pulse unlock
genehewett 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
  Will the doors unlock with the switch on the door? If not you have some other problem. The double pulse has to be a good ground. you should try using a relay to send the ground pulses to the wire. Connect like this, #85 to door unlock output from alarm, #86 to fused 12v constant, #30 to a good ground! not just some support under the dash! and make sure you remove any paint between the ground point it can cause some differance in voltage also known as resistance and this could cause your problem. #87 to your cars door unlock wire. Make sure that you have good connections and try to avoid T-taps not to say thay are bad but there has been many times when that was the problem. A good source for ground if you dont want to go to the battery is the metal behind most kick panels. Just sand the pant and primer off and make a new ground point. Also check to make sure there is a ground from the battery to the body and that it is in good shape.
audiopete 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
doors unlock at the switch fine will try what you said and will get back to you thanks
audiopete 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
genehewett  tried the relay  didnt work with double pulse wire  but worked with unlock wire  it unlocked all doors  . but i thought this car needs double pulse to unlock drivers first then all other doors
genehewett 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
    Ok, im sorry i didnt know you wanted to do it like that. Alright you can do this but its going to be a lot more wireing. In order to make it worth the time your system needs to have the capability of doing progressive unlock also sometimes called drivers priority unlock. If your system has this feature let me know and i will get you some wireing diagrams. I think that if your system dont have this feature it is more trouble than its worth to make something work.
audiopete 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
thanks alot for the help  my alarm has  drivers priority unlock

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic