icon

Relay To Roll up Windows

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Gorkys 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2002 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys what's up? First of all I am new here and with the Relay thing.....but willing to learn.......

My Question is....if it is possible to set up a relay to roll up my windows when I armed the alarm.....my alarm does not  do that.........if there is a way could you please guide me on setting it up?

Thanks

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2002 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  

Yes it is possible to roll up windows with relays, but there are other components you'll need /want to add to do it safely and efficiently. Fortunately there are modules designed specifically for this purpose. Chances are the manufacturer of your alarm offers at least one, but if not here are a just a few you can use that I found by searching for "window roll up module":

http://www.audiovox.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/product_mainpage.d2w/input?prrfnbr=680

http://www.sylves.com/omegaacc/omegagen.htm 
http://www.audio-etcetera.com/prod.itml/icOid/104550
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2002 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
yea your best bet is the dei 529t it is a two window roll up mod only the dei 530t is either a two winodws roll up and down mod or a four window roll up or down mod now with the 530t you have one touch performance meaning if it is set up to make four windows go up all you have to do is touch each button on car side control once and let go than it iwll all go up.by them selves such as most cars have on the down side for the drivers door.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
ericw 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2002 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

I have a crimestopper cs-5401 2 window control module.  It looks identical to a bulldog 706 and many other brands I have seen on websites.  The CS-5401 instructions say it will only roll-up 2 windows.  Is there a way I can hook it up to roll my windows up or down depending upon which channel I use on my remote?  I have a Prestige APS-785 with a channel 3 output of momentary to ground and a channel 4 output of as long as I hold in the button. Can I somehow cheet this little box into doing both tasks?

toolapcfan 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2002 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  

Ericw, I'd just use your continuous 4th channel output to trigger the roll up/down relays that the window module doesn't manipulate.  You'd have to hold the button down until the window travel was where you wanted it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic