icon

Visual Deterrent enough?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
thats why my idea of having an alarm that reaches in excess of 200db would be a perfect system. if a thief attempts to steal anything. its doing physical damage, but what judge would side with a thief saying my alarm is too loud? besides im a deep sleeper, i need to hear it if im sleeping in a basement, i cant even hear trains go by most times @ night and im not even a full block away from the tracks.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
multiple sirens too...and a high pitched one.  Those really hurt the ears.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Xracerx 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:
Xracerx wrote:
Actually in Texas if you are in the commsion of a felon, You can kill them to protect your property. They can even be running away or not even pull a weapon. Night or Day it makes no Differance.

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe this is a gross overstatement of the law in Texas, especially in the context of booby traps.

Even in Texas, it probably isn't smart to go around using ANY KIND of deadly force to protect your car radio.  You still need to show that the property or the person could not be protected by less extreme means for the deadly force to be justified.  See Tex. Pen. Code Ann. § 9.42.  and  D. Mark Elliston,  Tex. Prac. Guide Crim. Prac. & Procedure Ch. 15.XII (2004).

Also, regarding booby traps in Texas, you can use devices (booby traps) to protect property, however, only if the device, "is not designed or known to cause death or serious bodily injuryAND is reasonable under the circumstances.   See Tex. Pen. Code Ann. § 9.42.  and  D. Mark Elliston,  Tex. Prac. Guide Crim. Prac. & Procedure Ch. 15.XII (2004).

Again, even in Texas, it probably isn't smart to go around booby trapping your car with devices that can cause serious bodily injury.

/End public service announcement.  If you have a question, consult your attorney before you implement the device. 

Not one shoting that involved property thief has ever gone past a Grand Jury hearing. The cases were where "Deadly Force Was Used" In three of them the thiefs were running away.! In one the thief was heared yelling don't shot me, while the owner shot him dead.  I could go on but my point is made. They have sent a message to thiefs. Get a job and buy your own sh*t. It's not worth your life.

I Know what a booby trap is "it can't be one that can cause death" reason being someone that was not stealing could be killed with out a human making the final discion.

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  

Xracerx wrote:
Not one shoting that involved property thief has ever gone past a Grand Jury hearing.

Do you have a cite for that?  - You've sparked my curiosity.

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Xracerx 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  

The Dallas Morning news did a big story on it 6 months ago. They went through the Grand Jury records for "Deadly force shotings" they came up with only one that went to trial. In that case the defendent was found not quilty. It involved a older man that was getting beaten in the head by a Hawian. The older man shot him dead causee he could not get out of his car. And even then it was because the Texas concealed weapon law had just taken affect. They were affraid that everybody that had a CCW was going to be a gun fighter I quess.

The Police do not have the same choice in shotings. All shotings go before a review board and to a Grand Jury.

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic