icon

door lock switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spunkzz 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  

i've searched the forums and havent found my answer so i'll post a new topic.

i have the avital 4300 alarm/remote start system and i have aftermarket door lock actuators that are 2 wire.  i ahve everythign setup.  the alarm only consisted of two wires: one blue and one green for the door lock actuators...now i want an inside switch i have the oem one for a civic which is 3 prong...how would i go about wiring this? there are no diagrams in the installation manual..so i'm kinda lost..thanks in advance..

daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
on the stock switch the middle wire is input and two others are output for lock/unlock.  now depending on how your acutators are wired, you would need to incorporate that into the wiring.  do you have external relays or internal relays for the actuators?
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
spunkzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 5:49 AM / IP Logged  
i have no external relay..everything is built into the alarm unit....from the alarm unit there is two wires  i use wired up to both actuators....thanks for the reply..how would i go about doing this?
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
ok, first make sure that both sire are resting at ground right now by using a DMM which they should. then get a constant 12v wire into the door, fused of course, then hook it up to the middle wire of the stock switch.  then the other two wires hook one of them up to the blue and the green , and do the same for the passenger door, also make sure that both swith output wires are connected together as well.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
spunkzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  

daniel2002p wrote:
ok, first make sure that both sire are resting at ground right now by using a DMM which they should. then get a constant 12v wire into the door, fused of course, then hook it up to the middle wire of the stock switch.  then the other two wires hook one of them up to the blue and the green , and do the same for the passenger door, also make sure that both swith output wires are connected together as well.

i'm sorry i'm confused...i have one switch which will be going on the driver side door..i shoulda been more clear, sorry....the switch has three prongs and the actuators are two wires....one wire from each actuator is going to the blue and one wire from each of the actuators is going to the green....let me see if i understand

so on the driver side door can i break the wire going from the actuator to the alarm and put the switch in between the wires in series? and the third wire is a positive 12v? i read somewhere it should be ground, but i'm not sure....please clarify this with me..thanks alot

spunkzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  

daniel2002p wrote:
ok, first make sure that both sire are resting at ground right now by using a DMM which they should.

i'm sorry i dont understand...make sure both ? are resting at ground? please let me know..thanks

spunkzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

if this helps here is a pic of the switch and a diagram of the layout...thanks alot

[IMG]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/spunkzz/locks.bmp[/IMG]

jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
you're not going to like this answer because it involves undoing much of the work that you've already done. best way to go about it is to re-wire your avital's built-in lock relays to work for negative door lock trigger. then connect those door lock outputs to 2 relays configured in this way.
then use your dmm on your door lock switch to see which terminal is the common one that shows continuity when the switch is activated in each direction. connect this terminal to ground. the remaining 2 terminals connect to the lock/unlock wires coming out of your avital that ended up going to those external relays. this is probably the simplest, most problem free way to get it done. good luck!
all problems can be resolved with a hammer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic