icon

Toyota Camry 95 Rear Defogger & DEI 369D

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
koolhand 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

I just installed a Rattler DEI 369D remote start w/ keyless entry on my GF's car. Took a good 1/2 day to take apart panels and ID the wires, then I came back the next day to do the installation, another 1/2 day...

Everything seemed to work fine, except parking light keeps blinking after car is remote started. I may have to turn back on the Enigine check or Voltage check as I think I turned these off during testing/troubleshooting.

But main issue is I want to hookup the remote to the rear defogger as winter is here.

Besides prying open the panel, does anyone know where I can access and what color wires (and how to test wire) I can get to the rear defogger? This is for 1995 Toyota Camry V6 sedan.  And how specifically to hook it upto the DEI 369D?  There is an option for 2nd status output for rear defogger latched or pulsed.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Aaaudiowaves 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  

Must DEI alarms will flash the parking lights while " remote started" unless programed otherwise.  As far as the defogger wire: I can't help with a wire color but I would go to the switch and find your wire there using a DMM. This will ensure that you tag the wire before the timer module/relays.  On the alarm you can use the blue/white wire located on harness H2, pin 5. 

AA Audio Waves
Wildomar CA
MECP/ASE
koolhand 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply.

Can I program it to NOT fash the parking lights? I see that it can be programmed to constant parking light output, but I just want it to flash once.

kevindanielk 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
If you program it to constant, it will flash once when you activate the remote start. Then, it will come on and remain constant for the duration of the run time. It can't be programmed to only flash once and stay off. Either constant or flashing the whole time.
koolhand 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

OK, I found away to take apart the panel, and got to the wires behind the defogger switch. There were 3 wires that gave a +13V or so when defogger button pressed. Tried hooking up the blue/white wire from the DEI unit to it to each of the positive wires, but none seem to work w/ the aux button on remote...

Is this supposed to work only when remoted started? Tried setting the blue/white output to latched vs pulse, no go...

Any suggestions?

hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah-- this is a good way to break things.
Can you slow down and be a bit more patient? Good, I knew you could?
If you can't, seriously man, you're gong to break things. That blue/white wire puts out ground. If those wires aren't expecting to see a ground, you can blow modules...
I can't find a source for the color of wire, so you're going to have to do some testing:
Take each of the wires coming out of the defrost switch. Put a DMM across it. See what reading you get. Then, press the defrost button. See what reading you get. Is yours one where pushing the button turns on the light and pushing it again turns off the light? Make sure you note which readings correspond to the light being on and off.
Now, here's where you have to be really patient:
Put the DMM across the wires, push the button, and wait for it to time out (probably like 10-20 minutes). Note what happens on the wires when the light goes off.
If you find one (or more) wires that have this behavior:
Push button. Wire(s) go to 12V. Stay at 12V as long as light is on, then go back to rest (whether from pushing button again, or from timing out), then you have found your (+ polarity latching) defrost wire(s).
Push button. Wire(s) go to 0V. Stay at 0V as long as light is on,then go back to 12V (whether from pushing button again, or from timing out), then you have found your (- polarity latching) defrost wire(s).
Push button. Wire(s) go (very briefly!) to 0V and then quickly back to 12V. Then you have found your (- polarity pulsed) defrost wire(s).
The second case is more common, but let's assume the first (because it's closer to what you said above, and it's more complex).
The blue/white wire is normally just (-) the entire time the car is remote started. First you need to program it to be a rear defogger wire-- follow the instructions in your manual (around pp 32-37) to do that, and change it to "rear defogger latched".
Hook up a relay (or as many relays as you found wires above) as follows:
Pin 85 to ignition. Pin 86 to diode to blue/white (stripe faces blue/white). Pin 87 to 12V. Pin 30 to one of the wires that is (+ polarity latching).
If (- polarity) and one wire, connect blue/white directly to that wire. If (- polarity) and more than one wire, use relays as above, except pin 87 to ground. If pulsed (instead of latching), do the same as above, but program for pulsed instead of latching.
Now, remote start your car, and see if the defogger comes on (light should come on and elements should get warm).
This is why (BTW) this option rarely gets hooked up.
Me
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Oops, sorry-- meant to say--
The remote doesn't have anyting to do w/ the blue/white wire. It either pulses or stays on for 10 minutes (latched) on every remote start (or it stays on constantly, which is the default).
Me

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic