Viper 791 xv on 2001 tundra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
johnf 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

Hello all,

I just finished installing a viper 791xv on the 2001 toyota tundra. At first evrything seemed like working  fine, alarm armed, door locked, unlocked etc. The truck also remot started by pressing both arm and disarm buttons together. After that I disconnected the power to zip tie all the wires and to mount everything permanently. Once I cleaned up eveything, when I remote start the truck eveything lights up, but the truck won't start. On the remote it shows the smoke and start symbol. It seems like the remote is out of program or the unit itself need a reset.

I checked all the wires with a DMM for proper connection including all the gounds and the tach wire, but they all seems intact. The tach wire behind the instrument cluster /black plug blue/white wire read 6.7 v ac and it decrease to 6.2 as the the RPM increased.

I reset the remote by programing option 12 and doing the auto learn, that didn't help also. 

Any pointers will be appreciated to fix this.

Thanks.

johnf 

johnf 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

Hello all,

For the above problem, I performed the shut down diagnostics, and the LED is flashing code 8 which is wait to start timed out. I hanen't attached the wait to start wire(gray/black), since the tundra is not disel. In the troubleshooting section explains, if the wait to start wire detects a ground, the vechile will not start. 

What you guys think?.

Thanks

johnf.     

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Go back into programing and trun that part to OFF. If cant turn off tape the end up.
furredoutgixxer 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
make sure the wire is taped off. also you must reprogram the tach wire. try that and see if it fixes the problem.
johnf 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

Hello all,

I worked on the above problem and resolved one part of the problem. The tach wire I connected (blue/white) was the wrong eventhough the information in this site and toyota wiring diagram shows the same wire. If taped into that wire, it will not give 1-6v ac. Now I hooked the tach wire to the odd color wire at the coil pack, and it gives 1-5 volt ac as the rpm increases.

The truck now remotes starts, if I press arm/disarm button togher and again the disarm button. It will not start with two press on the "* " . It could be something to do with the programing which I accidently made while trying to figure it out. If any one had similar experience or any ideas let me know. Thanks alot for the replies for the previous posts.

johnf 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic