icon

Ford Keyless Entry Alarm Upgrade Question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mustangtw 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I have a 2001 Ford F-150 Supercrew with factory keyless entry and I just got done installing a commando DL-200 Factory Keyless Entry Alarm Upgrade.  I have the alarm's trigger tapped into the dome supervision in the passenger kick pannel.  The alarm's arm and disarm inputs are connected to the door lock and unlock wires (pink / YELLOW, pink/lt. green) at the keyless entry/anit-theft module under the dash on the drivers side.  My problem is when disarming the alarm with the factory keyless remote, it will not disarm with the first press of the remote.  You have to press the unlock button twice for the alarm to disarm.  The way my factory remotes are set up is that with the first press of the unlock button, the drivers door unlocks, and with the second press all doors unlock.  It woulden't be a problem, but since I have the trigger set to the dome light, when I first press the unlock button on the transmitter the drivers door unlocks and the dome light illuminates triggering the alarm.  If I am fast enough I can press the button twice, to unlock all doors,  before the alarm triggers, but sometimes my remote is slow to respond. Is there a way to get the alarm to disarm on the first press of the factory transmitter? Thanks for any help.
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
Use a signal from the driver's door unlock motor instead of the general unlock wire. You'll probably need a relay to convert polarity.
Only problem w/ this method is that anyone who can unlock your driver's door (e.g., if you leave the window open) can disarm your alarm.
Me
Mustangtw 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
Its funny you said that because I was going to hook up the the driver's door lock and unlock wires, but I found it difficult to get or route the wires from the alarm module to the inside of the door. 
hagmanti 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, it's kind of a bear.
However, in that car, I believe they're available in the driver's kick-- RED / orange and pink/black.
Actually, now that I say that, I have a hazy memory of finding them there, but so high up as to be useless. Perhaps not this truck, though, so take a look...
Me
secureauto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
Your trucks keyless module should be mounted left of the steering column on the firewall its beige in color, there should be 2 gray plugs coming out of it.
Driver unlock - RED / orange
All lock - pink/black
Disarm defeat - pink/orange
if your alarm has a 2nd unlock input, use this to avoid disarm from door switch.
ASE Certified
Mustangtw 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  

secureauto, 

My alarm does have a 2nd unlock input which I am going to connect to the parking lights.  I found where the keyless module is located under the dash.  Will it be safe to unplug the the two grey plugs going into it?  Will I mess up the keyless/anittheft programming?  I've already unpluged the first plug, with the pink / YELLOW and pink/green wires that I've already tapped into, so I know that this didn't hurt anything.  But I am afraid of the second, as it may be for the anit-theft, and has alot of wires to it.  Do you or anyone have a wiring diagram for this keyless module under the dash?  Thanks everyone!!

griselda 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  

i have wiring diagram for your truck if you have email i can send it to u

djram19@hotmail.com

hagmanti 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
If you do unplug it (permanently), you won't have the features you're trying to get-- specifically, driver's door unlock. That module is what generates those pulses.
You should just be splicing wires from your alarm into the harness going into that plug. If you need to unplug it temporarily in order to make that job easier, you should be okay. Try to connect to the wires w/o unplugging if you have a choice. Don't turn the car on (or use locks and what-not) while the plug is unplugged.
(Theoretically, unplugging wires from things that are basically computers is a bit risky-- but only because a computer's greatest failure rate occurs while powering up, so if it was about to go, you're more likely to precipitate it by unplugging and replugging.)
Me
Mustangtw 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, I just got done looking for the RED / orange wire for the driver unlock at the keyless module but I could not find it.  Am I looking for the right color wire?  Is it in the top plug or bottom plug on the module?  The bottom plug has alot more wires than the top and is a bit harder to see.  If its in there it will be a pain to get to.  Is there any other place to find the driver unlock wire besides the door and the keyless module? Thanks again.
hagmanti 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
Probably not-- there really wouldn't be much reason for that wire to go anywhere but between those two things...
Me
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic