icon

DEI 530T Window vents when 791VX arms

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Derekc 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  

DEI 530T Window vents when I arm my Viper 791VX. This happens only when there is a door open.

My channel 2 wire (RED / white) from alarm is tied to the aux (window down) wire of the 530T. while my GroundWhenArmed wire is tied to the window-up wire of the 530T and a strobe light mounted under the seat. I didn't diode these two wires.

It seems like the window down wire is getting a ground. What could be the cause of this? Can anyone comment on this please?

1. That would come from a faulty brain. It is a weak ground but enough to trigger the 530T to vents. In that case, adding a relay may stop the weak ground signal getting to the 530T.

2. That would come from a faulty brian. It is a strong ground and only changing the brain will fix the problem.
3. Some positive Feedback from the the window-up wire side making the 530T think that it is getting a negative signal on the aux wire? Maybe I should diode both the strobe light ground wire and window-up wire from GWA.
4. Not enough grounding for the 530T. I should run a new ground wire to the frame.
5. Bad 530T unit. I should change another one and see.

Any comments would be appreciated.

dc
cmunn99gt 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
if it just vents, its probably getting a pulse from somewhere, as most alarms will give out a 1/2 second (-) pulse, which would cause the windows to vent. I'd check the wiring. Strange that it only happens with the door open, why do you arm your alarm with the door open anyway?
Derekc 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  

CMUMM9GT,

Thanks for replying. I am out of channels. The sliding doors use two 2 channels to open. To close them, I can only tie it to the lock wire from alarm.  The lock wire locks the door and closes the sliding doors. The GWA wire rolls up the windows and turn on the strobe light.
I will open up the wires and add do some testing and add some delays and doides. Hope it is not a bad brain.
I will update you guys.

dc
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2004 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like somethin is going on there that shouldn't be, chnl 2 shouldn't be pulsed by an arm, i'd try putting a small capacitor / resistor in line with that wire see if it's not just picking up some noise or pulses from something else, that might / might not help,
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic