Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ampere 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
ampere wrote:

meltingplastic wrote:
did you try using the fob when started with the key.. not the remote start...  that way the 556u wouldnt be activated and would tell you if it possibly has something to do with the 556u unit

I'm going to try this and report back shortly.

I just tried this:

1) Start vehicle normally.
2) Wait a bit.
3) Press remote start button

Result: Alarm will work perfectly and take over so I may remove the key. I repeated this a few times and never had a problem.

meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
u were able to take over but were u able to still use the keyfob.. ie lock the doors or stop the car
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
ampere 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  

meltingplastic wrote:
u were able to take over but were u able to still use the keyfob.. ie lock the doors or stop the car

Yes, if I start the car normally, all of the fob's functions work perfectly.

91cpe 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
I wonder if the alarm is wired to the power output of the the rs unit to keep the alarm from sensing the motor starting?
Never installed a 791 but on the valet r/s unit they list the yellow wire as an alarm power input wire. When you initiate r/s the valet cuts power to the alarm so that it's not trigged by the starting of the vehicle. Perhaps they wired the 791 combo unit this way?
massivegrk 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

did a rsx the other day and had the same problem.. it worked fine a few times until i programmed one of the wires for defrost... the 556u says to connect the blue wire to the status output of the remote start.. which happens to be the defrost output on a 791xv.. so if you have that wire setup for anything else it wont' be giving the negetive latch the 556u relay needs to activate.. try grounding the blue wire from the 556u and trying to remote start the car.. if that works... just connect the wire from 556u to the pink negetive relay output from the 791 remote start relay module.        Didn't read a good amount of the posts, so hope this is what you were looking for

massivegrk 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
hmm was looking over the manual for the 791 guess i missed that it did have a dedicated negetive status output that i missed..  I just connected the blue from 556u to the wrong wire(blue/white) when i started.   Don't know if you did the samething.       I see that there is a blue wire at remote start module and you can just connect it there instead of at the pink
ampere 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  

Well, I am not using the blue status wire for any other device (defroster or whatnot).

I've trippled checked all my wires and sarted tearing hair out!

Wonder if I have a faulty part.

bbeach15 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
some fords turn off the locks when the ignition is on,  you can not use remote locks with the engine running
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic