icon

790xv questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
c0ckeyed00 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  

i have an 02 ford f250. my dome light stay on for around a 30sec-1min after i close my door(stock). after i installed the alarm, when i get out of my truck and close the door, the dome stays on and when i try to arm it, it will beep letting me know the door is open(dome is on) is there anyway to bypass this so the alarm doesn't think the door is open?

another question is how does the backup battery work? if someone cuts the power cable from the battery, the domelight won't turn on, thus, not letting the alarm know that the door is open, thus the backup battery is bypasssed???

hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
The backup battery module (I assume you mean the 520T) sends a signal to trigger the alarm when it loses power. Sense it's powering the alarm at that point, the alarm is able to activate the siren (and page you).
For what it's worth, that little beep isn't hurting anything. You can turn chirps off (see your manual, pp. 23-26), but then you have no auditory confirmation.
Anyway, the alarm only thinks the door is open for that 30 seconds-- once the light goes off, the alarm is happy and all is kosher.
Anyway, if that really bugs you, you can grab the door triggers, but you'll have to diode isolate them, and they're kind of a pain to get to (especially if the truck didn't come w/ keyless entry...)
Me
c0ckeyed00 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
another question, with passive arming, is there a way to kill the remote start when it passively arms?
c0ckeyed00 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged  
and with this alarm, can you have an aux that opens your garage door?
c0ckeyed00 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2004 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
the reason i originally asked my first question was because when my truck is armed and when i remote start it and kill the remote start from the remote, the dome light goes on and sets the alarm off.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic