icon

Need help with Avital

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nadeemr 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
I installed an Avitall Avistart 6000 in my 97 mitsubishi galant. I have installed remote starters (mainly audiovox) at least 4 times in the past and never had any problem with them. Here is the problem, the car starts fine with the remote, trunk pin and brake swtich shut down works as they are suppose to until 15 or 20 minutes (pre-set running time). After that time instead of turning the car engine off, the remote starter just shuts the parkting lights off and the engine keeps running and it would not stop with trunk open or brake pedal pressed, I had to take the fuse out to shut the car off. It is weired problem I checked again and again and it works as normal until 15 or 20 minutes. Any ideas what's going on? By the way the unit I installed was used. Any help would be appreciated.
slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  

I had the same problem with a 2000 cherokee, instead of the 6000...I put in the 4500(samething)

I remember I went to bail out this customer in the coldest day in winter....the truck was running....i took the fuses out of the unit...STILL RUNNING....went to disconnect the main battery of the car...STILL RUNNING!!

I freaked.....got my hands on that unit and disconnected it....finally turn off , next day i was talking to that tech on this situation.....he was puzzled.....I tried another unit and ran the 12 volts and ground to the battery direct.....still the same sh*t.

finally got fed up and ripped that unit out of the truck and ran it over.....I NEVER INSTALLED ANOTHER AVITAL.

They have some serious problems

good luck

Testing is the key
nadeemr 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply. Now I am sure that my wiring and connections are all correct, its the unit which is messed up. Another thing I noticed is 15-20 minutes after I start the car by remote, everything works fine until the system arms itself once it is out of running time and it shuts the parking lights off, after that even if I press my brake pedal, my brake light works but my shift release solenoid does not work until I take the fuse out to shut down the car. Luckily I connected the positive and negative wires directly to the battery. What is your opinion about Audiovox or Prestige remote starters? Also, is there any other model by DEI that I can buy and replace my unit without having to rewire everything.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic