icon

2005 Camry Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sjunction 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

Not a problem, (so far). Installed a Prostart pro-2300 remote start in a 2005 Camry. [No flames necessary on Prostart, I'm just the installer :) ] All the info said a Pass4 (transponder bypass) module was necessary. I installed the Prostart first and checked it (with the factory key in the ingnition) BEFORE installing the pass4. It worked and much to my surprise, it also worked fine without the Pass4 or the factory key anywhere near the vehicle! The key had a large, black molded end typical of transponder type key, we even had a spare made and programmed to incorporate into the Pass4 module.

At my boss's insistance, we left the Pass4 off and let it go out. Of course I tried all thinkable combinations of locking/unlocking with/without the key, etc.. and everything seemed to work fine. I did not see a "security' light on the dash and unfortunately, did not investigate the key cylinder to insure that there even was a factory transponder setup. However, the locksmith did accept our payment for programing the new key and told us that both a factory key and the vehicle were necessary to make the new key.

Any thoughts or similar experiences? 2005 model fluke? No transponder? Keymaker do something crazy with a screwdriver? heh.

Thanks in advance for any responses, I will definately update this if the car comes back with any problems. Come to think of it, I'm doing another 2005 Camry in a couple of days. We'll see if it does the same thing.

slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  

well, I just did a 2004 camry...and it had the transponder.

I would find it hard to believe that there is no transponder.

the only car I was amazed by is the 2004 sentra....this car had no transponder...go figure.....someone on the assembly line at NISSAN had a few to many drink the night before..LOL

Testing is the key
mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

Did an 02 Jetta the other day and although data said that it had a transponder, there was nothing attached to the black ignition cover,  and it worked fine with out any pass4, 555U etc...

I think they still make some cars with and without them....

Did an 04 solara and that thing had a second starter wire.....???  Car wouldn't start with out it hooked up...??

slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

the people who buy these cars are paying for something they don't have

but the installers love those cars, less work involved, less money spent on parts and the best part the price still is the same bypass or no by pass..LOL

Testing is the key
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
depending which port the cars came from, they may or may not have a trnasponder, it is a port installed option.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
sjunction 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
Good deal. Thanks for the responses, puts my mind to rest.
sjunction 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
mobileworks..   you've got me wondering now. The Camry had 2 ignition wires. One was ground until starting, the other was at rest till starting. I diode isolated the wire that was normally at rest and split my remote start trigger to both wires. I dunno exactly how the transponder works but maybe that bypassed the system.. ?? just wondering outloud :).
mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

??? I don't know...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic