icon

01 tahoe LT, autopage RS 855 LCD

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sprayed 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  

Heres the deal....Im putting a autopage RS 855 LCD on a 01 tahoe LT...everthing is hooked up and I have checked several times..heres my problems

-truck will turn over,but not ignite...with remote start..Seems like its gonna start but almost like it runs out of fuel before it actually runs (No passlock key was needed for some reason , there was a previous (Alpine) remote start/alarm...and I took out, but cant find what they  did to bypass the Passlock Imm. II) I can sure start my truck with a plain key from walmart though!

-Cant figure out this door trigger thing...It says blue wire for driver and tan for all others....but only one wire on remote start/alarm...(Im pretty sure!?)

-Cant remember the other....cause Im so pissed at this thing...lol....ITS FREAKIN FREEZIN out there!! somebody help...so I can go outside!! =0)

davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

Any key will start the car, unlike a Ford.  The passlock II system uses a resistance to start the car, not the key.  It only protects against "hotwiring."  When you turn the key to run position, a proper resistance codes a box in your column, and then "okay's" the truck to start.  If someone sends 12V to your starter wire without showing the proper resistance, it will not allow the truck to start.  You can do 2 things. 1. Go to your local stereo shop and purchase a PL-DATA.  It will save you of a lot of frustrating work.  All you hook up is 12V, ground, yellow wire from the autopage, and violet wire of OBDI port under the dash.  Four connections and you start the truck with the key and its programmed.  VERY EASY.  2. http://www.designtech-intl.com/Content/techsupport/documents/section04/note113.pdf

This is the old school way, be sure to use the PASSLOCK II diagram instead of the PASSLOCK I diagram if you want to use this method.

On the door trigger, you have to split the green wire (- door trigger) wire and diode isolate each wire like this.

01 tahoe LT, autopage RS 855 LCD - Last Post -- posted image.
Just tie off the green wire from the autopage alarm to the blue and the blue and tan wire to the truck and you should be gold.  Good luck, and go get yourself a Mr. Heater from Home Depot.
davedyer79
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot the mention, you should take the steering column plastic off to see if it was done the old way.  There will two wires used for this, a yellow and a ORANGE / black.  The yellow will be cut in half and one side will have a resistor tied into the ORANGE / black wire. 
davedyer79
Sprayed 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
thanks dave.....its snowing  right now....in TX...what kind of crap....I will try it as soon as I can....thanks again!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic