the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

super woofers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
Well it seems that its the latest trend in the car stereo world. I am curious to know whether these so called super woofers are that great. Like the JLs and Fosgates. To me it seems that with these woofers we are losing sq and having to pour copius amounts of power to push them, not to mention the amplifiers that are now being produced. The concept and design of the speaker is pretty basic and i couldn't possibly see this as being the end all to speaker design. Over sized magnets and giant surrounds? whats next?  
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
well besides the 34 inch sub out there.   Who knows what next.    we have ventured to where almost everyone have a massive 18 inch sub...I bet that has to be clean.   we have seen the first subs that the magnet is bigger then the sub itself..the rockford team rf 10's   kicker solo x's   ect ect.     I guess things will get bigger and louder.     I am still waiting to see who will break a 180db on the term lab.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
djdaveoc 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2004 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
I'm going to put a mobile nuclear reactor in the bed of my dakota with a 50" sub.  Look for me at the next competition.  I'll be the one destroying the building.
super woofers -- posted image. Plan, Research, Do
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  

jeffchilcott wrote:
well besides the 34 inch sub out there.   Who knows what next.    we have ventured to where almost everyone have a massive 18 inch sub...

Bah!......... Who needs an 18" sub.  We have a 24" sub. super woofers -- posted image. super woofers -- posted image.

Just remember, not all supersubs have worse SQ.  We actually introduced our new motor technology designed to improve SQ with our supersub.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
Juggernauts, Treo CSX's, And that crazy Adire Parthenon... its crazy...
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Adire Parthenonsuper woofers -- posted image.  I wish i had the cash for one of them...
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
sexyvic1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
i beileve clarion has either a 5 foot or 6 foot sub. thats nuts.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know about that, but i know that the parthenon owns all. They aren't cheap either ($5000 +)
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
sexyvic1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  

i remeber reading about the clarion and seeing pics of it a few years ago in car audio mags.

i may be wrong with the brand but it is stuck in my head as clarion, i can even see the pic in my head.....oh well...

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
yeah that 32" clarion in a ski boats' tower! absurd.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic