icon

2003 sunfire compustart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ammarsunfire 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  
Tried that, the light does turn off and it seems like it learned the resistor values but when I hit the remote start the security light and check engine light comes on...it cranks then stalls. I think I've had enough with the stupid modules. We have had some extremely cold wheathers I guessing it might have done something to it. Anywayz I going to try the old fashion way with a resistor and 2 relays. Read a little bit about it but never tried. Can someone post some diagrams as to how I should wire it.....oh and where I can get resistors from (never purchased before). Once again thanks for the responses guys.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
If the bypass is faulty, when you take it over, and pull the key out, the little security icon will light up solidly (sensing an issue with the PL system.... kind of like cutting the yellow wire when it's already running) but the car will not shut off, as it is already running (ECM uses passlock to start the car, afterwards, it is just monitoring it for any problems..... when it flashes, there's a problem). Here's what you need to verify:
1) The RS unit is putting out a ground when running signal... use a meter. Or, you candisconnect the GWR from the brain, and just ground it to a good ground when you remote start it. If it works, then you have found your problem.
2) Check all fuses. You never know. You might have popped the little 3A or 5A on the PL2003 itself.
PL2003 is a very stable bypass, not a PITA like the PLXR (Why on earthwould something come programmed for probably the least common vehicle???????????)
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  

hey gus... the PLXR comes programmed for ION on default cause thats the only vehicle you are likely to use it on ( or the ION spinoffs like the Colorado/Canyon, etc)  it costs way more than the GMBP which does passlock II like a breeze.... i only use the PLXR for the ION , etc vehicles and use GMBP for the rest....

i guess that's why the company makes more than 1 module......

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

check your ground when running wire......sounds like , the compustart is not giving the signal to the passlock.

Testing is the key
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Kevin..... yeah, I know they make other modules.... just struck me as odd. Oh well, they only cost $17 or so, I only ordered 10 of them to test drive them on the reccomendation of the local Visions (their guy raves about them). As we're a primarily DEI shop, I get to play "hide the multiple boxes" on a very regular basis. We use very few AS bypasses (PKG's, DATAALL's, and several improperly working DATACAV's)
Yay
Gus
PS: Why is it, in the heat of remote start season, I have done almost 10 decks in 97 and newer Cavaliers in the past 3 days???? Gawd... waaay too many of those things on the road.
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
H-a performance 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
Compustar starters stut off when voltage drops below 9 - 9.5 volts. most cars will start with the key in this case if it only drops for a second. but not the comp starters. run into this problem a number of times. charge up the batt and you should be fine. if problem continues get a new battery for the car
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic