icon

2004 Sierra EC speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dj002 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 4:42 AM / IP Logged  
Just wondering if anyone might know what size the factory speakers are in the front and rear door of a 2004 GMC Sierra extended cab? Hoping to order some speakers without ripped off the door panels just to measure the speakers. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Merry XMas
tech460 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
You should be looking at 6-3/4 all the way around. You can use 6-1/2 with an adapter but not recommended.
dj002 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
6 3/4? I have never seen those before... The front doors look like either a 5.25" or 6.5" with a tweeter and the back look like a 4x6 or 5x7 but it is hard to tell with the door panels on. The back are definitly not 6.75" but thank you none the less for the reply. I did see a post with someone in a 99 or 00 with 6.5" & 4x6" speakers but was hoping to find someone who maybe has put some speakers in an 04.
tech460 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
I got the info. from a couple different speaker manufactuers websites. Going by memory of doing these trucks I believe this info to be correct. Now if you did not have 4 doors it is 4x6's in the rear pillar.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
The front doors use a combination of tweeter and a 6&1/2" woofer in the upscale trucks. The rear ext. cab doors use a 4x6" speaker. You will need to buy or make mounting adaptors for the front as the mounts are built into the front woofers. The rear speakers clip into place with their own built in mounts too.
sparky
tech460 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  

If you use 6 3/4 in the front you do not need speaker adapters unless the speaker is too deep which is rare. I'm 100% on this. Now, if you want to use a 6 1/2 you can use a bracket that Metra makes, 82-3002.

dj002 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 5:32 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much guys! I do appreciate the quick response as the boxing day specials do not last forever and ripping the door panels off in a snow bank when it is -20C just to find a speaker size doesn’t quite appeal to me…lol.
Now maybe you can help me with the next step of the installation, I just purchased a pair of Kenwood KAC 7201 amps which will be run off of a Kenwood MP919 deck. I was hoping to use the amps in Tri-Mode with one pushing a pair of JBL GT606c 6.5” component speaker in the front doors in stereo at 4ohms and one JBL GT100 10” sub in a custom built box very similar to a Subthump box with the other amp pushing a pair of JBL GTO6426 4x6” in the rear doors and another JBL 10”. Now my questions is that the amps require coils and caps to be used in the Tri-Mode, do you think the supplied passive crossover will suffice on the 6.5”? Any recommendations on the coils size for the 10” speakers or the 4x6” in the rear?
One last concern is power consumption, I have a 2 Farad cap to run with the amps so spikes should not be much of a problem but would a stock alternator and battery be able to keep up? Would running a 14V system help much? Also if you have any links on making a 14V system I would be grateful, is it just the alt, the battery or both? Not sure on the stock alt. size but the only real option is A/C, there is no OnStar, power seats or Bose system so probably on the low end.
Thanks again guys you are making things soooo much easier!
Happy Holidays.
dj002 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
The proper link for the JBL GTO6426 speakers.
MSRP $1568.21($Cdn) tax incl. for the amps & speaker,
boxing day specials $1057.94 with tax & delivery =)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic