icon

How to rearm 1999 Grand Prix

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
night4u2c 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing a remote start and I need to know how to get the factory alarm of a 1999 Grand Prix to rearm after the remote start turns off. I have read a lot of different wiring diagrams and they all say to rearm the door trigger must be active to rearm. All that would simulate is the door opening right? That would not rearm the alarm. The factory alarm has 3 modes and none of them rearm on door shut or by it self. In one mode the wireless remote button lock has to be active or the lock switch has to be active. Could I use a relay and maybe some diodes, and connect it to the door trigger and the lock switch and send them a ground pulse and have the factory alarm in mode 3 of the arming and disarming. The alarm I am installing has a factory arm and disarm wire. The alarm is a Galaxy5000RS if this helps. These links might help for anyone who try to help me:

Factory alarm settings  

Wirring digram

The wiring diagram here does not address the factory rearm but, I have done a lot of looking and reading and I have read the door trigger needs to be active. It doesn’t make any since to me. Thank you…..

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

Factory Re-arm....is an issue on these cars, I guess not many folk know how to get around. Astroflex has an answer. At the keyless module (where you get your lock and unlock) there is a white connector. At pin C-11, there is NO WIRE. put a wire on that pin, send your lock pulse to that wire.     Lock and arm just happened. 

If there is a BLACK/ red wire at that location (on some other GM cars) this would be your lock and arm instead of the blue lock wire.

Do some diggin.....all I have are photos and print to read. The other option they had was to enter the factory alarm programing.. The boys at astroflex are pretty frikkin smart. They even figured a way to keep me from cutin and pastin there info from the astrochart. Either that or Im an idiot

Good luck

KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
DEI shows a totally different solution. They say   "arms on lock with door open"  sound kinda stupid don't itHow to rearm 1999 Grand Prix -- posted image.
snguyen 
Silver - Posts: 281
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  

Try print screen key and past it a note pad.

night4u2c 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the replys, I wish I could see the photos. I guess I will look at keyless module to see if I can find the missing wire at pin C-11. I will be installing tomorrow, I just like to plan every thing out before I start and this presented a problem to me.  

Kar TuneMan that is some good information and I am very thankfull for it. Does it say the pulse should be neg. or pos.? "I going to say it would be neg."  I was just wondering if it gives any info. about the pulse it should receive. The door locks are neg. and the rearm wire from the alarm is neg. 

night4u2c 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  

Has anybody tried this?

night4u2c 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
Does anybody have a picture or a diagram of this connector?
KarTuneMan 
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
My print screen doesn't do what it's supposed to do.....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic