the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Nissan Quest stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rolln_on_em 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  

Has anyone removed the radio, or put an FM mod in the car.  If just an fm mod, was there a place to splice into the antenna wire other than behind the radio.

Thanks for any help

Bryan

Yeah I drive a slow car; but damn it looks good
Bestbuy577 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
Its not reccomended to actually slice the FM antenna wire anywhere unless you have a connector. There normally is no other connectors on the antenna wire other than to the antenna itself and the radio. So no, your pretty much screwed, you have to take out the radio. Even if there was another connector location on the wire, it would be behind the dash and much harder to get to than to take the radio out.
Best Buy Store#577 Oxford Valley, PA
rolln_on_em 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply

have you removed the radio?

Bryan

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
Here are the instructioins on how to remove a 99 - 01 so I'm not sure if they will be the same as the 04. http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalNisQuest3.htm
rolln_on_em 
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
Nope  the new vans have the ugliest interior I have ever comeacross the unit is in a flat round console in the middle of the dash, along with the shifter.
mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  

I have taken off the dash and installed an FM modulator in that vehicle...

NOT EASY AT ALL!!!

The under dash on the drivers side as well as the glove box has to come out completely.

then the flat part pops up so that you can get the front of the center console out but the I couldn't get the shifter up far enough to do it, so I had someone pull up real hard while I pulled out....

Then the stereo unit is part of the cd player and the antenna is in the back, normal nissan antenna which requires an adaptor.

Overall I would recommend not doing a hardwired FM modulator in that thing...Go wireless or forget about it...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic