icon

2005 Envoy remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Hobbes68 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  
I'd like to install a remote start in my 2005 GMC Envoy.  Has anyone used the factory key fob transmitter to trigger their starter?  I was thinking I might be able to use the horn honk button to start the vehicle instead of honking the horn.  Anyone know where I'd find the right wire for this?  Also are there any changes in the 2005 wiring from the 04 or 03?  Thanks!
Hobbes68 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
C'mon!  no one has done this?!?  Someone out there must know where the factory horn output is!
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  

you can use an add-on remote start to keep the factory remote to start the car. i dont see you using the panic button to start the car. i guess anything is possible, but why?  your range will not be very good

Jschult3 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah, range won't be all that great and in most cases the cost of a remote starter vs. a remote start alarm combo justify the extra cost of increased range and dependability. Besides the new 2 way remotes rock!  Wiring info should be avail here on the site from someone. These guys rock!

Jeff

Jeff
Always Verify Wire information before Connecting! Just a Darn Good DIY'R
Image6902 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
The setup you want to use for these trucks is the db-pass-23 and the db-dlm-3g from omega, antitheft bypass and doorlock interface, respectively. This is the setup I've been using at the dealers now for about a year and a half, no glitches, no problems. Scrap the idea of using the factory remote to trigger start, then you only get the range of the factory remote (75 feet struck by lightning). add on starter you have to run a wire into the door anyway, have to use antitheft bypass anyway, and installing a stand alone is actually easier and you get up to 1000 ft of range from base models,. My preference on these vehicles is the Ultrastart 1250 (ultrastarters.com) The cool thing about this setup with these parts is there are no wires cut, easy install and when you use this particular door lock interface, when you lock the doors from the new remote, it rolls all your windows up automatically. GM can't even offer this feature!
I tell it like it is...
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
image6902 wrote ...the range of the factory remote (75 feet struck by lightning).
i believe the proper phrase you were looking for is I.L.S. or "if lightning strikes.    but i do agree with you
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
I'd also suggest a stand-alone system. Easier to install, works better, and has better range. Not much of a difference in price either.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic