2005 F150 Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
airmdwn 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,,

I am installing a Bulldog RS82P and a 791 bypass kit, into a 2005 Ford F150. I am not istalling anything powered all the unit has to do is start the vehicle (it has no power windows or locks).

I cannot get the vehicle to crank. I believe i have all the ignition wires including the key sense wire, and i am reasonably sure i have the 791 installed correctly. Is there something in the security on these vehicles i am unaware of that needs power or bybassing it somehow?

I have the Starter, 1 Ingition wire, Heater accessory, starter, Parking lights, Brake, Key Sense and the 791 installed,, Did i miss something?

Thanks for any help.  

Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

You may need to program the tach signal before it will crank. Double check the manuel......

Craig.

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
The tach.... NOT RED / lt green or red at any coil or injector OR a grey/black that is labeled TEST I belive it's on the firewall (learned that from astro this week..) Bake sure your bypass is working if you have a theft light on the dash... If it's not when you go to RS is will flash really fast....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

well...you never said you had the hood pin wired, i know with the ones i install, wont start without it (unless you disconnect and baypass it...but that's different) and also, like was mentiond already, the tach wire,  if you've done those will the vehicle start if you leave the key in the ignition? (without it being turned, just pushed in)  if it does start withthe key in and doesn't start withthe key out means your bypass isn't right,

Hymer: you say don't you use a injector for the tach, why not? it's what i've used and never had a problem with it yet.

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Just bad wording I regurgitated that out of direct wire.. I use them all the time.. I did have a F150 in that ran like sh*t only on RS at all the points I mentioned above.. thats where the grey/black test wire came from...   But I've done otheres that had no probs... stupid cars....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
airmdwn 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

The manual says the Tach option is optional? Does it have to be hooked up for it to even crank?

The LED on the dash flashes fast when i try to remote start. I have 7 tight wraps of the thin wire from the 791 wrapped tightly around the ignition cylinder under the factory plastic key sense.. Is this correct? 

Thanks Again

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic