icon

94 civic fiberglass trunk

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fiznasty 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
as u can see i have a 94 civic and want to fiberglass my trunk,i have ideas but no complete picture in my head. i was wondering if ne one can give me some ideas and some steps to achive it, pictures would be helpful.
i wanna incorporate a 15" rockford speaker n also have some compartments on the sides of the trunk
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
Well the possibilities are endless,  and are you saying you have compartments or you want to make compartments.    You also have to decide do you want a full box that sits in the middle of your trunk and basically takes up the whole trunk.   Or do you want to do a spare tire enclosure.  Or do you want to make molds and put it on the side of the trunk.  Whats your plans.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
fiznasty 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
i want to do the whole trunk n have lil compartments on the side, i forgot to say that its a coupe i notice theres alot of hatchbacks on here
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
If you have never done fiberglass before its very hard to a project of this size.  Most everyone on here will tell you the same thing.  Its better for you to start with something smaller and then learn how to fiberglass then get into a bigger project like this.  If you think you are capable of pulling it off though we'd be glad to answer any questions you have.
fiznasty 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
ok, u have ne ideas on wat i should build then, i already built a frame to go over my spare area for my 15"
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
Well, I would go ahead and fiberglass your spare tire well. Have youre design planned out in your head how you want your sub to look.  Like which way do you want it to point, or do you want it to lay flat. If you want it like pointing at the trunk lid just use your dowel rods and a speaker ring and stretch fleece over the area.  Or if you want it flat pointing up at the rear deck you could just use mdf.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic