Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Danceheaven 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Thats Exactly what i meant,
cheers mate
think thats a little stupid that it doesnt un-immobilise the alarm , alough thinking about it, it must do as how else would fuel pump immbolisers work if the alarm didnt deactivate them, ahh well, another question for you, you say i can plug the intellistart straight into the data port on my IG950 there already appears to be a connection going there which has a piggy back socket on it that i could plug my intellistart into does this seem normal? i.e should i just plug my inteliistart into this piggy back port or shall i plug it in directly and then plug prsent connection into my intellistart pass thur port?
an one final question for now :) the ACC line does it need to be connected? and if so i assume it simply means it will activae normal acc things from the avaliable outputs upon engine start rather than saying ti connects to the acc line is this correct?
Danceheaven 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Thats Exactly what i meant,
cheers mate
think thats a little stupid that it doesnt un-immobilise the alarm , alough thinking about it, it must do as how else would fuel pump immbolisers work if the alarm didnt deactivate them, ahh well, another question for you, you say i can plug the intellistart straight into the data port on my IG950 there already appears to be a connection going there which has a piggy back socket on it that i could plug my intellistart into does this seem normal? i.e should i just plug my inteliistart into this piggy back port or shall i plug it in directly and then plug prsent connection into my intellistart pass thur port?
an one final question for now :) the ACC line does it need to be connected? and if so i assume it simply means it will activae normal acc things from the avaliable outputs upon engine start rather than saying it connects to the acc line is this correct?
gloverk 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 4:50 AM / IP Logged  
Good news. I hop-e thats all it is....
Dataport: Not sure to be honest. mine didnt have this piggy back adaptor you mention. Originally, the IG950 data port was conected to the Cliffnet interface. I unplugged the cliffnet interface from the IG950 and plugged Intellistart into the 950. I then plugged the Cliffnet interface into Intellistart.
No harm in trying the piggy back connector as its 2 second job to change the config....
Acc line: I didnt have to connect this one as my motor activates acc when started. If you need it connected, it should be connected to the wire that powers the stereo/air con/heating etc....This is so you can preset heating night before, remote start in morning and get into a warm motor....
good luck
Danceheaven 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
Youre Spot on thats exactly what i meant
seems weird that the intelliguard doesnt de-immobilise doesnt it? does that not mean that a thief can still start the engine if the alram does go off it shouldnt matter as everyone ignores it the vehicle will still run if it is hot wired??
anyway i will give this a try tommorow
one other question about the acc wire, that comes from the intellistart is it asking me to connect it to the acc position on the barrel or does it mean that that connection will supply anything i want connected as if it was an acc output i.e once the engine has started??
Danceheaven 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry didnt read your reply about the acc line, cheers for all the help mate appreciate it
gloverk 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
Dance, the alarm sensors will be bypassed when intellistart is on and engine running but immob stays on. For security and safety, you must fit at least the clutch and brake wires. Therefore if as crim does get in, as soon as they touch either pedal, the engine cuts off and car remains immobilised.
If the bypass the immob, your bu$$ered anyway...as you say, no-one pays attention to alarms anymore,...
Personally, I have went for the belt and braces approach and switched on blackjax therefore crim gets in and presses brake, engine cuts off. If he bypasses immob and gets it started, he will get about 500 yards before blackjax cuts the engine. Bit of a pain initially when you have to put the code in every time you get in or a door opens but you get used to it....
let me know how you get on.
Danceheaven 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
Ok all installed and more problems :(
in the intellistart Instructions it says to go into the programming mode, and goto column 1 row 5 and hit the arm/disarm button to set rpm programming with 2 flashs, if i look up what column 1 row 5 is in my 950 manual its auto doors features, sod all to do with intellistart, if i read the 850 manual as i cant get the 950 one yet it shows to go into expented progarmming options that when you enter the pin and hold the * button on the plainview switch and it beeps 1 then keep holding 3 times i then goto column 3 row 1 and then hit the arm / disarm button the lights flashed twice to indicate the RPM had been set, this is great but it only worked once! :( i havent yet managed to try out the data port but i will try this tommorow borrowing a laptop from work!
do i have to use the add new remote with remote start learn feature (coloumn 3 row 5 of the standard programming features Not extended) after completing all of the wiring all i seem to get is 6 flashs when i press the * button the remote this is untill i tried to reset the rmp progarmming now i get nothing atall, it doesnt attempt to crank the engine
any ideas??
gloverk 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 5:22 AM / IP Logged  
Dance, best advice right now is to wait until you get a laptop sorted out....When you say "nothing happens" do the indicators flash 2x then no cranking or "nothing at all"....
Out of the box, 950 and Intellistart are programmed to work from the remote. Have you confirmed with the manual that you are pressing the right buttons to get intellistart to start the car (auto is single press of "*" but I think manual is different....(may be stupid question - apologies if it is)....
You can check on the button assignment using the wizard. Setting RPM is also far easier with the wizard and you can actually "see" the settings rather than thinking your changing them using the valet switch....
Have you plugged the IS module directly into the 950 without the piggy back connector for dataport?
You could try your digi meter on the intellistart outputs to confirm that they are trying to start the car. this would indicate something down the line is preventing cranking...
Can you email me a drawing of your wiring setup or confirm all of the wires you have connected and what you have connected them to. Helps to visualise sometimes....
Danceheaven 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
Good news it works!!
the piggy back connector seems to be the data connection to the siren so piggy backing into the intellistart and then again with the data lead via the intellistart seems to work flawlessly i was impressed that the software was virtually flawless, a few bugs i spotted but as a programmer i know how hard it can be to get software and hardware to intergrate 100%, to get it working i did need the laptop and wizard software this is where i saw that i could not program the rpm correctly it seems to be dragging my tacho line down when i connect the line to too many devices, quite annoying as im gonna need to design a small circuit to amplify my tacho pulses! i have 3 taps on the line already for other equipment in the car!
so far i have just wired the Black / Green wire directly to ground (pretend i have an auto) this is temp and i will disconnect this weekend and wire correctly to handbrake and install a clutch and brake lines also into my IG950 to give blackjax a tryout
i have set it to run with no tacho mode as the tacho readings i was seeing were like 260 rpm!! not exactly correct for my V6! like i say its gotta be a problem with the weakness of the tacho line as my tachometer guage dips when i connect any other piece of equipment to the line. lets see how what i can come up with a small transistor amplifier circuit properly FET
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic