icon

2005 Caravan Probs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dhughes99 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

I put a remote start on a 2005 Caravan.  The remote start works fine, but now when the key is turned on, the radio accessories shut off.  This includes the radio, heat, etc...  Any ideas what would cause this?  When the car is running off the remote start the accessories work just fine, it's only when the key is in the on position that it's messed up.

Dan0 :)

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
well, considering there is only 1 wire that powers the entire the electrical system in the vehicle, I would start by removing your wiring from the ignition switch and anything you may have installed into the vehicle's databus (bypass modules etc).
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
intmd8rfn3 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
How did you connect the 2nd starter wire? I had this same problem on my 2004 because I didn't use a relay when wiring the 2nd starter wire. This is the thread that helped me. Good luck!!!
dhughes99 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

I did use a relay for the second starter; not saying there isn't a bad relay there.  I used a universal transponder unit and relays for the door locks and parking lights.   I didn't interface to the databus wire.  This van doesn't have many options so wasn't worth the data interface module.  What is really odd, is when the car is running on the remote starter it works just fine, but as soon as the key is turned to the on position the accessory items shut off.  If the key is turned backwards, the accessories come on.

Dan

12voltlover 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
diode your 2nd starter relay. the + starter wire is seeing 12 volts through the relay. if you used ground when running to pin 85 and + starter to pin 86 put a diode in the gwr wire with the stripe facing away from the relay. the gwr wire rests at +12 volts and the van's bcm sees this across pins 85 and 86 so it thinks it should shut down all accessories.
dhughes99 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  

It was the diode thing. Thanks alot guys!!

Dan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic