the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Skip in Music

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like either your amp or your head unit is shutting down.  If it's been working up to now and suddenly started having trouble, could be age or heat or low impedence loads.  I'd take your car to a shop and get the system cheched (and expect them to tell you your "ghetto" amp setup is the problem, which it may be.)
Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
Does the pause in the music un-pause at the same place as it paused, (or possibly jump around a bit - even from track to track) just as if you hit the pause button, then hit it again to un-pause it? If it behaves like this, then it AIN'T gonna happen on your radio. It's the CD player. Go to Radio Shack, spend 4 bux on a CD lens cleaner, and let us know if that fixes it... I bet it does, at least for a little while.
BTW, I'll pay for HALF of that head unit if you can make radio "skip".
BTW, why are you running fronts off one channel and rears off another channel? Doesn't it make more sense to run the rights off one channel and the lefts off the other channel? That's the only ghetto part to me...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, if all those "make your radio skip" jokes were directed towards me.....  I didn't mean actually having a skip in the radio signal....... I meant pause.....  Give me a break guys!
I'd also look over every fuse in your sound system.....  EVERY FUSE...  A loose ANL fuse in my distribution block gave me similar problems with my setup...
~wayland
hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys but the thing is it pauses only when theres a low bass note.  And i notice in the mourning it doesn't skip either.  And it's real cold in the mourning.
Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
You should have said that before.  Your amp is cutting out most likely due to low impedence.
Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
Does the pause in the music un-pause at the same place as it paused, (or possibly jump around a bit - even from track to track) just as if you hit the pause button, then hit it again to un-pause it? If it behaves like this, then it AIN'T gonna happen on your radio. It's the CD player. Go to Radio Shack, spend 4 bux on a CD lens cleaner, and let us know if that fixes it... I bet it does, at least for a little while.
Does it pause as though you hit the pause button, and then hit it again to un-pause the music, picking up again EXACTLY where you paused it in the first place? I am telling you, if this is the case, then you need a CD lens cleaner.
It is POSSIBLE that it is a current condition, or even a low impedance condition, but if you don't read the posts, with all of the associated questions and information, you are wasting time - yours AND ours - posting questions here.
I say this is very likely your situation, because as electronics get older, their values will start to "drift" and they become less stable, thermally speaking. Your telling me that the issue ONLY happens when the unit is cold, indicates to me the sled or the lens could be out of alignment, or the error corrcetion circuitry is drifting out of "alignment" and sometimes a lens cleaning can help the issue.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
He actually said it doesn't skip when cold.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
haemphyst 
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
I know that... the errors START when the devices warm up... This is when MOST errors WILL start. Very few electronic errors occur when the devices are cold. Have you ever seen component HEATER spray? How about component COOLER spray? Yes, 'cause most often, the errors will STOP if you cool the component.
hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  

Well the sub is running at two ohms and the componets are running at 4  And i'll will try the cd lense cleaner.  And im sorry for wasting your time but it is aprecated.

The only reason it's so ghetto riged is becauses im 17, with a car note, insurance bill, computer bill, gas money, cell phone bill and i give my parents money.  So it's get's hard at times.

Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
DYohn 
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  

hoaxs wrote:
Well the sub is running at two ohms and the componets are running at 4  And i'll will try the cd lense cleaner. 

I'll bet that's your problem.  You said the sub is connected across two channels bridged as a tri-way setup on your amp.  (I assume you are using a passive crossover?)  This requires at least a 4-ohm load.  Rewire the sub for 4-ohms and it may get better.  Otherwise you are setup to fry your amp.

Support the12volt.com
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic