the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Thanks to U guys,I made it(pics)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
Cool.  Yes the photo looks like there is about 1/4".  :)  Again, good work.  Let us know how it sounds.
Support the12volt.com
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
Super! kingpin.  Glad you shared the pic.  Now for the carpet....   lol  Keep the forum posted, and soon you too will be doing the schooling.  And a real nice post, BTW.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
Snif, snif, son, it's good to hear you listen to us old guys, sometimes we know a thing or two. Slot ports - woohoo, made that box mighty fine now didn't we boy.... I think it looks awesome, nice pics', a keeper for sure.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
kingpin111 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  

forbidden wrote:
Snif, snif, son, it's good to hear you listen to us old guys, sometimes we know a thing or two. Slot ports - woohoo, made that box mighty fine now didn't we boy.... I think it looks awesome, nice pics', a keeper for sure.

yup, good ole slot ports.

i actually think that the slot ports are more asthetically pleasing than the round ports(imho).

kingpin 

stevdart 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
Yup, I agree.  The Japanese call it Feng Shui....harmony in design.  Yin and Yang.  That sub box will make you feel good.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
Has someone been watching too much Oprah?
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
stevdart 
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  

heh heh 

And a box without harmony is called Dung Shuit.

joebobcletusjr 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry about the last post, I am not sure what happened.

Here is what it should have been -

Nice box, I wish I had the12volt.com when I decided to build my first box.

You had the chance to learn to build a good box; and I only had a sheet of 1/4 in fiberboard, a handsaw, a hot glue gun, some random nails, and knowledge of one side goes to the other side and then to the other side.  I would have been better off putting it in a cardboard box with some duct tape.

But hey, I was only 14 and didn't have anyone around to help, so what are ya gonna do?

Keep the cycle of car stereo enthusiasts alive, and I'm sure we will see more from you.  Once you build one, you are never happy as long as you can still build more.  Sometimes I will just sit down for hours and design a new box based on the thiele small parameters of a sub I do not even own, just because it is fun

It's sad when the only reason that you can find to sell your car and upgrade to something larger is because you have ran out of room to keep expanding, and improving (some may beg to differ, because it is possible to improve without expanding).

I sold my first car over a pair of 18's, but that is the fun, constantly keeping your system to your own standards; I just have very high standards when it comes to my own system.
eh? what did you just say?
ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
Looks great!!!
What do you plan on putting in it?
beyondamfm 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
For being your first box that is freaking good.
The Clear Bra Guy
KCs premiere paint protection guru
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic