icon

42 sony plasma

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
repomansaints 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 94 ext chevy silverado, i want to put a 42" sony plasma in the bed for show,, i was wondering if anyone has done this before and how would i go about for the power?
Thanks in advance
RMS
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
set it in the bed any way u want an d get creative just use a power inverter to juice it up dc to ac current
AudioPro111
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
I hung a 32" from a tonneau cover. Had to reinforce the cover and upgrade the gas struts to acctuators. Flip a switch in the cab, tonneau raised up, tv folded down, everyone behind you was watchin Debbie Does Dallas right along with ya. Last I heard the guy got drunk and wrecked the truck though.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
repomansaints 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
how many batteries would i need and alternators, or would i just need a gel battery a cap and high output alternator,i have an xbox and another a 17" flip down and a laptop in the truck and air ride suspension.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
With all that I would say a HO alternator first, then a second battery if needed. You don't need a cap at all. I would say you might not need anything if it wasn't for the air compressor. The laptop and flip down don't drain much power. The plasma will but without a huge stereo your truck might handle it. The air compressor is a bitch on an electrical system.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Redrange 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
On Pimp My Ride, they put one in and used 3 additional batteries to power the tv
repomansaints 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
i forgot to mention,, i don't have an air compressor, i have a nitrogen tank, air compresor will burn my alt, well with the kids that i have, always messing with the switches. LOL.
repomansaints 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
i forgot to mention,, i don't have an air compressor, i have a nitrogen tank, air compresor will burn my alt, well with the kids that i have, always messing with the switches. LOL.
oonikfraleyoo 
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
That gas will burn your pocket though. I got rid of my bagged truck, because I ran out of things to do to it. But I modified an AC compressor and made my own engine driven compressor. Made a speical bracket for it so I could run the AC too. Gives you the speed of gas, but you never run out.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
kickthextant 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Inverters: Power Bright, Scosche of Stinger. Power Bright and Scosche are the only two that send out a "pure" sine-wave. Makes the picture much more clear. And about the Pimp my ride 3 batteries thing, that will only be true if you leave the TV on when the car is off. Calculate the amp-hours of you batteries to the current drain of the inverter to give you the time you have to use the TV with no alternator charge. Also upgrading your Altenator is always a good idea. 240 is always fun, remember though, for every 100 amps = a loss of 5 horse power!
I was going to try procrastination but I never got around to it...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic