icon

HU that controls Sat Radio?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
What are some good SQ HUs that have the ability to control an external satelite radio player?
I think I would like to keep the price under $700 if possible, but I am willing to go up to $1000 if the HU has some amazing features.
If it matters, I will not be powering any speakers with the HU amplifier. External amps will be used for that. The front speakers are Nakamichi 6.5in components. The backs are an undecided 6x9in just for rear fill. And the sub will be a Nakamichi 12in 1200D
Thank you for your suggestions.
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
jvc makes one that has a sat radio function but it also downloads pictures and small video clips from your cellphone, $525. they also have a new 2005 model that has a 3" monitor on the face, not sure price yet, our distributor brought in a demo a couple weeks ago.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
Eclipse is where I would be looking, I am just about positive that they control sat radio and as for sq, there top notch, and they will easily fit into your price range.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
which satelite service do you want to use?
Pioneer PEH-9660mp
Mb Quart PCE-216 biamped
JL 12W6v2
Sony XM-4026 amp for tweeters
Kenwood KAC-7251 amp for mids
JL-4100 amp for sub
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

Alpines hu are Satilite ready sirius or XM ....Also go to HERE and check out the XM Direct stuff....V.Cool

With the XM direct almost any Aftermarket unit will control the satilite radio...

HU that controls Sat Radio? -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
I vote for Eclipse. They make some amazing decks.
Poormanq45 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Are there any specific HUs that you suggest within the Eclipse or Alpine brand?
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

Well....their top of the line head-units (for Eclipse's new lineup) are the CD8455 and the 8445. The 8455 has some more advanced features (like a 10 band instead of a 7 band EQ that the 8445 has) than the 8445.

Rob can probobly fill you in with the details. HU that controls Sat Radio? -- posted image.

audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

i havent personally used an eclipse HU, but i always hear great things about them.  but as far as alpine goes, i think you get at the very least  what you pay for.  their top of the line stuff within the past few years have so many options for add-ons it is incredible.  i just hooked my boy up with a hands free mobile hub and it is unbelievably cool. expensive though.  anyway,  so many companies have a direct hook up for sat radio.  i guess it just depends on what you plan on hooking up in the future.  personally i wouldnt mix JVC with nakamichi because i would want my source unit to be worthy of my components. 

on another note, xm is raising their price to 12.95 a month(US).  so it is the same as sirius.  but you will still have to pay for extras.  sirius though has no plans to raise price and everything is included as always.  by no means am i affiliated with sirius, but i saw this happening with xm for a while and it finally happened so im not a big fan of theirs.

Poormanq45 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, now to slightly narrow down the choices, if it's possible.
Are there any Head Unit that can control Satellite radio AND an Ipod that's hooked up to it?
I've read about an adaptor that some companies sell to allow their HU to control the Ipod, but I'm wondering if there is an HU with this capability built in.
Thank you for your help
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic