icon

05 F150 factory keypad w/aftermarketalarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crudeau 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
I ordered my 2005 F150 FX4 a month ago.  The truck comes with factory keyless and has a hardwired keypad on the door.  SO I can't just remove it without having a hole.  Has anyone come up with a way to tie an aftermarket alarm into these keypads?  I would only want it to arm and disarm the alarm.  Since by doing that it would also unlock/lock the doors.  Don't need it to remote start or anything. 
crudeau 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  

Form my research this can be done if I use an alarm that has wires for disarm and arm.  ANd I can then tie them into the factory keyless module.  All seems crazy to me.

I wouldn't even mind just buying an aftermarket remote start system, that has a good range to it.  I think with that I would still use all the factory keyless equipement and since there is no aftermarket alarm the keypad would still work as it should.

Any input at all guys?

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  

Astroflex 2106,4204,and 2205 are all stand alone remote starts with AWSOME range.

They will work with the factory security as well. They all have multiple outputs for arming and disarming factory security. So you could still use the door number pad if you wanted too!

See www.astroflex.com

crudeau 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  

since that is unreadable.

First email:

I recently order a 2005 FX4 F150. The truck comes factory with Keyless entry and a factory door keypad. I’m looking into getting the CA670 from you guys. I can’t determine if it will work with the factory keypad though. I need an alarm that has an arm and disarm wire. This way the keypad can disarm the alarm and open the door at the same time. Any suggestions or advice as to what to go with or how to achieve this? I say that you sell the factory alarm/remote start. But my ultimate goal is to have a 2-way system, and utilize the factory door keypad
First response:
Hi, the CA670 does have that. You can still use the factory keypad to arm and disarm the CA670. It has a couple wires that have to be installed when you install the system, but the 670 is great for that..Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanx
Second email:
That sounds excellent. I have personalled installed about 15 remote start/alarm combo’s (mostly the viper line-up). SO I really have no interest in paying a shop to install the system.  The CA670 itself I can wire and install with no issues, provided I get an installation manual with it. Also does the manual include something telling me how to wire the keypad in?
To make it easier, can I have a PDF copy of the manual or something that let’s me take a look at the installation?
second response:
Hi, i do not have a pdf copy. The instructions that come with the unit have all the wiring layouts and have a section just for that. What you mentioned is no problem, it has that all in the manual.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic