icon

Camaro remote start check engine

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
camaro2778 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  

i have gone crazy tring to make the engine light stay off.  i connceted both the pink wires (ignnition 1 and 2) on my 791xv to the two pink wires in the stering harness.         i had connected the tech wire but made no difference.  If i turn on the car with the key engine light does not turn on.  my accesory wire is tapped to a orange wire in the drivers kick panel.          What is the Brown cable in the harness?        could this be a ignition cable ?            when the engine light turns on i have check the alarm to see if it still has power and it does. when i disconncet either pink wire it still stays on.              I have read differnt topics about this same proble but not on a camaro.            i will realy be thankfull if any one helps me out, i have been tring it for almost a week.  Thank you.

dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged  
what year is the car?  you best choise is go behind the swtch and see how many wires it has the 98 that i did i power up all wires yellow,pink,orange,brown, orange and brown must be acc. don't use the second ignition to power up, you can change second ignition to acc. on the 791xv
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
camaro2778 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
i have a 95 z28 with keyless entry.  yesterday i also had the security light coming up. i found in this website a diagram for a camaro 95. it is difernt from all the other years.  well in it it said thaat the brown and pink were ignition.  so today in the morning i disconnceted one of the pinks and pluged it in the brown.  I fixed the security light but the check engine is still on.  I think my transmission does not get powered up on remote start im thinking that i have the accesory heavy gauge orange cable on the alarm hooked up wrong or maybe i need to power up something else.  right now i have accesory connected to some orange cable in the drivers kick panel.   Thank you dare_ds69 for your responce
victor sanchez
shoelesscraig 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
Transmission not getting powered up??  I'm not sure how much you know about cars, but that entire sentence makes no sense.  A transmission is a bunch of mechanical parts, having very little to do with the electrical system.  If you've got the wires hooked up to the ignition harness right, all will be well.  If you just use the key and start the car normally, does the light come on??
shoelesscraig 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
I read that you have the orange accessory from the alarm hooked up to a ornage wire in the kick panel, but all of the heavy gauge wires that come from the remote start harness on the alarm should be hooked directly to the ignition harness.  You should not need to hook them to any wires in the lower kick panel.  This is probably your problem. 
camaro2778 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
shoelesscraig.... if i  turn on the car with key the light never shows up only with remote start.  and no i do not know much about transmisssions or stuff like that i know what i read. thank you

so were do i connect the orange heavy gauge on the alarm to?  in the cables that  come form the ignition harness there is a brown wich has power when in run and start position,  two pink cables that also have power in start and run and last there is a red cable that has 12v constant. 
victor sanchez
camaro2778 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

bobk....you said  "Make sure that ALL wires from the ign. switch are powered up and use the proper wires from the r/s."  which are they.. 

this is how i have it set up:  

Car ignition harness                                                          remote start heavy gauge

Pink1   <--------------------------------------------------------->pink ignition 1

pink2----------not connected

brown------------------------------------------------------------->pink 2nd ignition

red------------------------------------------------------------------>red  with inline fuse

yellow------------------------------------------------------------> split in two:  ignition side has green gauge.......starter side has blue gauge

and the orange cable on r/s is connected to orange cable in drivers kikpanel.

what do i have connected wrong?

victor sanchez
camaro2778 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  

ok i have tryed something else. 

i notice that when i remote start the car, the brown wire on the car did not have power, but when i put in the key and turned it wile in remote start the brown wire got energized. 

therefore i connected the brown wire on the car to the orange accessory out put. i connected both pink wires on the car to the pink wires on the remote.  i connected the tach wire aswell. 

..........I again remote started the car,  light still came up.  this time i noticed that the A/C was not working so i sticked the key back in when the car was in remote start and the a/c turned on..   What does this mean?  what cable do i also have to energize and were is it? 

PLease Help.  thank you

mnviking28 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
I am not familiar with the 791xv, however I have installed numerous other types and brands of remote starts.  It sounds to me that you have missed an ignition wire.  The brown wire you are speaking is the ignition 2 wire on this car.  Most GM's have two igition wire..  Some cars will not run if you do not get both hooked up during r/s.  Some will run, but will trip the check engine light.  If your r/s has two ignition outputs, you will have to hook one to each of these wires.  If you don't, you will have to run a relay off or your first wire and power both of them.  But, that is why your check engine light is on, you have to power your other ignition wire.  You can't run it with your accessory wire, as most remote starters shut off power to the accessory during remote start.  Your accessory wire should be hooked to the orange wire in the ignition harness...not to anything in the kick panel.  Good luck!
MNViking28
camaro2778 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

FINALLY....i have found my problem..... i connected brown on car to orange accessory on r/s i pick one of the pinks on the car connected it to a solid pink ignition on r/s ,  i connected the red on car to red 12v constant on r/s,  and with the 2nd ignition wire on r/s i programed it to accessory and pluged it into a orange wire the is in the drivers side up a little high. --all my error light when away; the security, check engine and abs inoperative all gone.  here is a diagram:

Camaro remote start check engine -- posted image.

victor sanchez
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic