icon

00 tahoe z-71 aux input?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hoopajoob 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2002 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I have looked all over the web and on these pages for a wiring diagram for the external in-dash CD player that I have in my tahoe.  So, should the info actually be around many apologies.  Please just push me in the right direction.

My tahoe is the old style, but is a 2000 (just for clarification).  I would like to tap into the CD wiring harness (I already have the in-dash single cd player) so that I can run an additional aux input for MP3 player and Satelite Radio.  I know it would be easy just to slap in a new head unit, but that would mean spending more money than I care to right now.

So does anyone know what wires on the CD harness I need to tap into for a right and left + and -

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Hoop
JellyNutz 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2002 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  

Hoop,

I'm not too sure if this is the case with your factory deck and vehicle, but they make integration adapters for these scenarios.  Like i said, I'm unsure if this would apply to your factory deck.  You would have to check.  If you could do this though, It would mean you would have to sacrafice the CD player.  You best bet would be to use a FM modulator.  They are fairly inexpensive, and really don't degrade the SQ that much when installed properly..

Jesse

St. Dark 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2002 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
IF you have the stock radio AND an additional CD or cassette (again, stock), then PAC just put out a box that gives you two external inputs in addition to the factory piece. It should run you around $60.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic