the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

01 nissan pathfinder, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vyslouzil 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
Alright..using a Scytek/Galaxy 5000RS with remote start along with a 556U. At this point I haven't wired in the 556U to not add more variables into the mix.
Remote Start wires are Starter Output, Ignition 1 Output, Accessory Output, Ignition 2 Output, 12V Output #1 (passes to the Starter Output), and 12V Output #2 (passes to the Ignition Outputs).
Wiring as follows:
Starter to BLACK / YELLOW at IGN
Ignition 1 to BLACK/ White at IGN
Ignition 2 to RED / Yellow at IGN
Accessory to WHITE/ Blue at IGN
12V Outputs to WHITE/ Green at IGN
Here is the problem. Leaving the key in the IGN (in chime position) the remote start will crank the car, no start. Same result with accessory 1, 2, 3 and ignition postions. If I put the key in the start mode when the remote start is cranking, the car stars. Interestingly enough, when I put the car in Nuetral, start the car, and then turn the car off and back the key out to Accessory 1 (it wont go further unless the car is in park) then the car will now srart fine with the remote start..consistantly too. When put back into park, the key removed, reinstered..the car again cranks with remote start.
Btw, the 556U has a trigger key insertion wire..awsome idea to prevent the double key problems.
I'm assuming here that when the OEM Key is put into starter mode, somehow a signal is passed to the immobilizer to disable it? When the key is only inserted (not any different than using only the 556U) the immobilizer isnt bypassed. Am I missing a wire here guys?
There are some defenitely flawed wiring diagrams for the 01 Pathfinder floating around here. Although the following is valid:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=34446&KW=pathfinder
--
Rob in Phoenix
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  

I think you forgot the second starter wire. ( aka Cold start wire)

RED / Black   at ignition harness

QOUTE

"There are some defenitely flawed wiring diagrams for the 01 Pathfinder floating around here. Although the following is valid:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=34446&KW=pathfinder "

Yess is accurate you just need TO READ ALL THE DOCUMENT, before trying to install it , it talks about the second starter wire down by the NOTES.

Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
vyslouzil 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
You got it. I was just reading a bit about second start wires..just noticed it. I see is just another 12V required wire. Do I use a relay to hand if off power, or is it OK to bridge the BLACK / YELLOW and RED / Black circuits?
Also, wanted to get your opinion on the Tach sens wire...the alarm doesnt require it (it cranks 4 times at 0.5 seconds until it sees 14V voltage) ...though I believe in cold weather is may be an issue. Do you think its worth hooking up?
The post mentions the following, but I've had hell of a time trying to find it.
* Engine Control Module Located Behind Driver Dash Right Of Steering Column. Note From Installer: Tach Listed Did Not Work, Proper Connection Is A BLACK/ WHITE At Tacho Module Located Left Of Steering Column In The Top Plug. #239 See Immobilizer Bypass Diagram.
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  

Thye second starter wire requires 12 volts during crank only! Yes use arelay

Don't give 12 volt constant.

The alrm cranks .5 second, that it . sometimes is not long enough for the car to start try using tach wire and program you unit for tach mode.

Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  
12volts WHITE/ green  +  ignition harness
Starter BLACK / YELLOW  +  ignition harness
Second Starter RED / black  +  ignition harness
Ignition BLACK/ white  +  ignition harness
Second Ignition     
Third Ignition     
Accessory WHITE/ blue  +  ignition harness
Second Accessory RED / yellow  +  ignition harness