icon

1996 BMW 328i Door Lock/Door Trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
massivegrk 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
Installing a viper 791xv in a 1996 bmw 328i .. I found the black alarm plug behind the glove box.  Says it's a 12 pin but i count 14..   the power wires and accessory wire in that connector are the same colors on 3 wiring diagrams i have.  the lock and unlock wires are said to be WHITE/ red and blue/red but  the ones i see are just white and blue... and are thick guage wires.. they do pulse 12 when locking and unlocking with key.. Is this a Reverse lock system or a type A  with these thick a wires...  I can't find the door trigger wires.. there's supposed to be 3 of them.. can't find any...  Am i supposed to be looking just on the Black connector   or/and the other 2 colored connecters horizontal to the black one...  those are full of thin guage wires..   Am i looking at the right plug?  it's in a row with 2 other connecters.. or there's another connecter towards the firewall... male connectors no harness going to that..       also can't find the hazard wire some diagrams say to use for the parking lights in alarm plug.. closest wire that matches doesn't pulse with parking lights on or hazard lights on..  Would appreciate some help asap if possible..I've done 5 alarm/remote starts before.. and never had wiring diagrams off like this........... Thanks
massivegrk 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
nevermind i got it.. thanks... pretty easy car to do when you know what you're looking for.... for the556u bypass can i just cut the ring and connect it to factory ring wires?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  

the best thing to do on ANY BMR is get a factory transponder ring twenty bucks and works perfect

part# 66-008362278 use a relay ground while running to 85, 12v to 86, cut the top wire from the transponder box on the column and box side to pin30, the ring side to pin 87a.  The "new" ring top wire to pin 87, the bottom wire goes to the bottom wire of the factory ring.....this works, with NO problems Tape the key in the ring solidly and stuff it in a crack under the dash, no rattles....no problem. Your right, the car is easy.

massivegrk 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks.. I used the 556u and just cut the ring off and hooked it up to the factory ring, works great.   If anyone knows where i could find the sunroof wires without going to the switch that'd be great...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic