icon

Are PPI amps still good

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mwhcai1 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2002 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

Precision Power was bought by Directed.  Several of the high end audio shops in my area stopped carrying the Precison Power amplifiers because they say the amps are now being made overseas.  A local high end audio shop thinks the JL Audio amplifiers are as good as the old Precision Power amps (before Directed bought PPI).  Any opinions? 

I bought a PPI 2360 before I heard the news, but my 2360 seems to put out a lot more power than the JL 300/2.  The 2360 is rated to put out 60 more watts bridged, but the difference is spl seems larger.  It could also be that I bought a Sony head unit XMP30 which seems to be a piece of junk.  The Dbass feature is a good way to add instant distortion.  The low voltage preamp outputs also force me to turn up the gains on my amp almost all the way up.  I have never had to do this before with any amp.

JellyNutz 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2002 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
PPI isn't what it used to be, but i must give both PPI and JL Audio credit for using regulated power supplies on their amplifiers... That is probably why the dealer you talked to drew that comparison

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic